cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scufi
Community Member

Can't connect account from Stadia APP to Chromecast

Chromecast Ultra setup on wireless and working. Stadia Controller set up and connected and working. Stadia App setup and working. Select ADD ACCOUNT TO CHROMECAST, No devices found. All on the same wifi. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Swampy
Community Member

Have you turned on your controller (Stadia button), and linked it to the TV using the button press code displayed on your chromecast screen?

The app wont pick it up as a compatible device until the CCU is in this mode it seem.

I'm stuck on the next stage, so will keep my fingers crossed for you

Will Grace
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scufi
Community Member

Yes, the controller is synced to Chromecast but can't get account to sync....#Day3Problems
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MochaDog
Community Member

For me it was the Chromecast version

0 Kudos
Highlighted
neil_fifteen
Community Member

"You can check if your Chromecast Ultra can run Stadia by checking if it's running version 1.42.180348 or above."

If you're using an existing Ultra, it probably won't work. Use the one that shipped with your Stadia. It baffled me at first. If you are, at least it rules it out.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Swampy
Community Member

I'm having a secondary problem past this, and someone in another thread has mentioned that they solved the issue by ensuring they use the chromecast Ultra that came with the controller.

I've not tried it yet (am at work). But I am indeed using my existing CCU.

May not be relevant to your issue, but if your using one that didn't come with it, try ensuring you use the one in the box

Would be interested to see if it helps. Good luck

Edit. Just realised @neil_fifteen has mentioned this above also. Deffo worth a try

Will Grace
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scufi
Community Member

Yeah, I only have the one Chromecast that comes with the controller. I finally got it to work by doing it on my iPad instead of my iPhone. Maybe it has something to do with an iPhone???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
G33krunner
Community Member

Ah I tried that to no avail 😕 Tried two different iPads running on two different versions of iOS and same results 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
daee
Community Member

same here, I can find my CCU but it keeps loading and nothing happens
0 Kudos