Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

two players, two chromecasts (two tv's)

- two players

- two Chromecast Ultra's on separate tv's

- two controllers

- an app that supports head to head (say Mortal Kombat)

- one stadia account

Is this possible ?  Each test i tried so far, just transferred the session to the second tv.   Just want to beat up any one in my family,  virtually of course.

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

This is not supported at this time. Two controllers on one Chromecast / one TV is supported for games that support either split-screen or single-screen play with a single account. Mortal Kombat should support two controllers on a single screen. I don't own it, so I can't test it myself.

To understand why, note that when you drive a single screen, you're using a single instance of the cloud-based Stadia hardware. To drive two screens, you'd need to use two instances of the cloud-based Stadia hardware, which requires two Stadia accounts (and two licenses for the game in question).

All of that said, stay tuned – there are family sharing options in the pipe, so some of these rules could change in the future.

2 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Yeah if you want to play Mortal Kombat, you can do local-coop for example with only 1x CCU, 1x TV, 2x Controllers.

I can't imagine too that it's possible to use 2x CCU in the way you want to try it, but I can't test that.

0 Kudos