cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calmdonut
Community Member

Using a headset plugged into the Stadia controller when using Chromecast wired to LAN does not work?

Jump to solution

I want to have my Chromecast wired to my LAN for maximum connectivity, and I want to use a headset (headphones with mic) plugged into the Stadia controller for sound and chat.

Should this setup work? I haven't been able to get it working.

When I connect the Chromecast to my WIFI the headset works fine. When the Chromecast is plugged to LAN sound comes OK from the TV speakers, but not from the headset.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
calmdonut
Community Member

I digged a bit deeper and found the reason: All wired connections in my router were setup in bridge mode, as this is the best approach for PS4/XBONE to remove any NAT problems. This setup does not work with Stadia/Chromecast.

The Chromecast needs to be wired to an internal network that is same as the Wifi connection the controller has. I assume the Chromecast can only stream the audio to the controller inside a LAN. So by disabling bridge mode in my router for the Chromecast port I got this to work.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Highlighted
razzzar
Community Member
Yes its when i'm using ethernet for the chromecast. But its not the reason. It has something to do with "same lan". When i use ethernet modem/cc the sound doesn't work. When i use ethernet router/cc it works. Wlan/cc + wlan/controller works too. Somehow sound doesnt work when cc using ethernet directly in modem which is the fastest way for sperds at my home. After modem there is my router which i use for wifi in my appartment. When i plug ethernet there it works. It's strane anyways because the controller steering works when i use the modem ethernet and stadia recordnize the headset top left coorner but its dead. Sorry for my bad english. Cheers razzzar
0 Kudos
Highlighted
calmdonut
Community Member

I digged a bit deeper and found the reason: All wired connections in my router were setup in bridge mode, as this is the best approach for PS4/XBONE to remove any NAT problems. This setup does not work with Stadia/Chromecast.

The Chromecast needs to be wired to an internal network that is same as the Wifi connection the controller has. I assume the Chromecast can only stream the audio to the controller inside a LAN. So by disabling bridge mode in my router for the Chromecast port I got this to work.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
pabsan
Community Member

Had the same problem. It all started when I plugged lan cable directly to Chromecast (from my router). Before that, my Chromecast and controller were both connected via WiFi to a private connection from my Google WiFi ( different name provided by the router).

Now, instead of plugging Chromecast to my router I plugged it to Google WiFi, the controller is still with Google WiFi, and everything is working fine.

0 Kudos