cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Founder
Founder

The new ChromeCast with Stadia?

I am woundring and i am realy consern about Google Stadia for the future. After the Google late night event, Google showed us the next gen Goolge ChromeCast doungle but Stadia will not be able to play on it. Why not? Google Stadia is the new and greatest gaming service. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

THis has been answered. Stadia support is coming in 2021. 

3 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Oh okey. But teah.. why 2021? Why not just at launch?

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Nobody knows why at the moment however there are a lot of posts mentioning how Google should have supported stadia from day 1

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

We need more than that. "2021" is vague. January ? June ? December ?

And we need an explanation as why Google is not pushing Stadia as they should. Why shooting in their own foot with such decisions ? 

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

It's not a big deal as people make out. You need to see the bigger picture. Yes, a marketing window opportunity missed, but there will be another one when it is ready for rolling out.You don't want to roll out an app that is not ready.  Since the Google TV is the new UI - it is likely this UI will be an Android TV, so they need to make sure the app works across all versions. There could be other reasons. The important thing is it is coming. And don't forget, they went BIG on the importance of Stadia and Pixel phones on 5g. So Stadia was still an important part of the overall presentation. 

3 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Second to lordkensal, we discussed it in a podcast; just because it is a "ChromeCast-esque" device or similar to it, doesn't mean they can just copy and paste the Stadia App over, it'll need to be perhaps even redone to be on the new device.  We speculated that perhaps it wasn't optimized and ready by the deadline and Google isn't going to wait to push out their new device as they make most of their "streaming money" from YT and the new device has the YT premium/YT TV for $64.99/mo so they are going to be getting the device out ASAP to start seeing those returns.

No sweat though, was weird they pulled the CCU from the storefront, but all in all seeing Stadia in the "Hardware Event" when Stadia itself isn't hardware (remember it's in the cloud 🤓) was a wonderful thing!

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I agree to a certain extent. I for one would prefer to wait than get a bad experience so I can appreciate that. One thing that may have been nice is to allow an experimental mode so people have the option. I wouldn't have used it but I'm sure there are many that would have. I'm guessing the delay maybe the same reason as the delay on all phones support, different screen sizes and resolutions ect however I don't know for sure. I do not think it's the end of the world though. + If anyone needs a Chromecast replacement they are discounted pretty much everywhere now.

One thing I'm curious about and aimed at those that have used the Chromecast already is, does it have a built in Chrome browser? I'm really keen to see if you can just use it in the browser on the Google TV instead of having to have the app.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I believe this has been addressed. It is coming in first half of 2021. AT the same Launch Night In they heavily promoted Stadia as part of Pixel 5g phones, featuring YT personality and exclusive demo of Fenyx Immortals Rising. In addition the recent move of being able to play using your mobile data into "official mode" underlines the importance of this. So there is no basis on which to be concerned about Stadia future.

1 Kudo