cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stream Quality Looks Poor on my TV

I just received my Stadia Premiere Edition over the weekend and my experience so far with the service has been relatively disappointing. I’ve played 3 games so far and 2 out of the 3 look terrible on my TV. I have a 2019 Vizio P Series Quantum X (PX65-G1). Both F1 2020 and PUBG look grainy and have noticeable artifacts. However, I played Super Hot and this looks fine. I figured maybe it was my TV settings. I tried changing a few things around (using a different HDMI port, turning HDR off, changing the picture mode) none of this fixed the visual issues.

Maybe it’s my internet but I’m not 100% sure. I have Verizon Fios Gigabit Internet and the CCU is hard wired via Ethernet to my Fios home WiFi extender. The extender is wired via Coax. I’m playing Stadia in my basement and my router is all the way up stairs (why I use a range extender) despite this over WiFi I get about 386Mbps download and 229Mbps upload in my basement. So I really don’t think my internet would be the issue here? I also apparently have an “Excellent” connection when ever I check this in game. I also tried connecting the CCU to my WiFi instead of being wired to the extender and this made no difference.

Another strange thing I noticed is that whenever I boot up a game it looks very blurry and my connection status is “Ok”. After about a minute or two my connection changes to “Excellent” and the picture quality improves marginally.

I’m really not sure what the issue is here. Am I missing something, has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Super disappointed because I was really looking forward to jumping into Stadia.

Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Gamedude12 It's possible that the WiFi extender could be causing some connection stability issues - I've seen that before. And, in any case, it's good to eliminate variables when troubleshooting problems.

Any chance you could try testing upstairs, near the router itself? 

1 Kudo
Community Member

64DD2409-BC85-4AEA-AE8C-D69699334857.jpeg

7EE71709-D571-42C3-880C-BAA5FEADA48F.jpeg

@codesplice you can see the artifacts when looking at the text in F1.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Gamedude12  does it get any better or worse with adjusting the performance/resolution settings?

Do you see the same thing when playing Stadia on a computer?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice Thanks for the reply! It’s strange it only appears to be certain games. In F1 2020 the artifacts are particularly bad. I also noticed that in Crayta. However, I played both Super Hot and Grid and they look fine. Really not sure what the problem could be?

0 Kudos