cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RightMeowth
Community Member

Strange glitch while playing

Hey all! Happy holidays! Ok so right to the meat and potatoes of the whole thing. While playing Destiny 2 twice now on my living room TV (Chromecast Ultra that came with the founders edition) I have noticed that twice now the entire screen goes black, for about 10-20 seconds and remains that way. No audio, no loss of power, no disconnection from the game, everything just disappears for a moment. It then comes back and seems to be working normally without any major effect (no noticeable lag or any other issues that I've seen as of yet) Certainly not the biggest of deals however, something I thought the team at google may want to be aware of. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas as to why it happens? I have my chromecast ultra plugged in to my HDMI port on a Sony home theater system to take advantage of the 5.1 surround. I don't suspect heat to be an issue, but there again, i'm not sure. If anyone has any ideas please share them! Thanks!
1 Kudo
2 Replies
Highlighted
Toad88
Community Member

I get a similar effect but my black out only typically lasts for 2-3 seconds. I have found that when i disconnect other HDMI sources then the issue goes away. I also get the same problem on my Xbox1 while the chromecast ultra is connected. Might be a different issue but similar symptoms.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
RightMeowth
Community Member

sounds very similar. My CCU is plugged into my Home Theater system so that I get the surround sound out. When It was just straight to the tv I don't recall having the issue but I moved it pretty shortly after I found out how to get the 5.1 surround. I'm very curious as to if it has something to do with the pass through or the Audio Return. Hopefully someone has some type of constructive answer to it. More curiosity than anything!
0 Kudos