cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia won't connect at all

I got the stadia controller and Chromecast about a month ago and all of the sudden none of my games will launch due to "connectivity issues". I've tried everything from using Ethernet, to changing my QoS, trying it on different platforms like the chrome browser and my phone, and even trying several different wifi networks but I still keep getting the same message. I'm connected to a 5G network and I'm getting MINIMUM 50mb/s. Does anyone know what's happening or has anyone had this same issue? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Does the Chromecast Ultra otherwise work normally?  For example, can you cast YouTube to it, etc. without problems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes, the Chromecast itself has no issues with receiving wifi, or casting from any of my other devices (phone & laptop)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@CWerry35 : Do you have a firewall setup that might be blocking some of the ports that Stadia relies upon.  IIRC, Stadia uses TCP/UDP ports in the range 44700–44899

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Not that I'm aware of... Stadia was working for the first two weeks I got it and then after I brought my Chromecast and stadia to a friend's house and then back home it just refused to launch due to unstable connection.

0 Kudos