cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia on chromecast stopped working

Hello everyone, 

I am using stadia on my laptop, on my desktop and I was using it with my chromecast both with my tv and projector. Since around 20th ish may, Stadia does not work anymore. 

The screen just shows a white stadia logo, with the white loading circloe around it just going and going .

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Chromecast works since I can stream content and launch Stadia, but Stadia does not load.

Hope that someone can help me figure out what kind of issue is.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@gioba Is your Chromecast connected via WiFi or an ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Via Wi-Fi. And in fact , connecting it via Ethernet is something I have not tried yet. Let me check @codesplice !

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@gioba Yeah, a wired connection for the Chromecast can have a big impact - and, if nothing else, it helps to rule out a lot of variables related to WiFi networks. Let us know how it goes. 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice unfortunately, the same thing happens, just a grey stadia logo going forever...

can i provide you with some additional information? this is really bugging me!

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice I thought I solved it by factory resetting my controller, and in fact took me one step further: this time instead of going directly to stuck load screen it asked me to select my account. It didn't do it before.. could that ring a bell to what's going on?

I made a video, if it helps. Let me know

Hours went into this, controller could not connect to wifi, then it did but did not speak with the chromecast .. ...and to think I could be out robbing stagecoaches and skinning brown bears.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@gioba I'm really sorry for leaving you hanging. Real life got in the way of my forum time lately. 

Are you still unable to play on your Chromecast?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice no worries mate, I get it.

And today, today started working again! I have no explanation but I do not care. Van Der Linde was mad as hell!

Take good care and thank you for your thoughts.

1 Kudo