cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Member

Problem with half refresh-rate (30 fps) using Chromecast Ultra

I just bought Ghost Recon Breakpoint, which is my 1st game on Stadia to run at only 30 fps. When I first started the game it ran as it should. Like playing a 30 fps game on consoles, a little slower, but enjoyable. I played Trials Rising after that (60fps) before going back to Breakpoint. Unfortunately it was completely unplayable, when I was back in the game. The visual output was full of judder. It seemed like the frametimes went up and down constantly. It was probably still 30 fps and still responsive concerning my inputs, but it just looked terribly wrong. I checked my internet connection rating which was still excellent. (FTTH 500 Up/down via Ethernet; everything ran flawless over the last weeks) To double check, I started Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which has a 60 fps and a 30 fps mode. It was perfectly smooth in the 60 fps mode, but when I switched to the resolution/30 fps mode, I had the same problem. Judder all over the place that was just game breaking. Toggling back to 60 immediately solved this again. My question is... does anybody else have this issue? Is there something in the Chromecast settings which could improve this? Or ist it just stream/Stadia related? Expert knowledge appreciated ๐Ÿ˜‰
1 Kudo
2 Replies
Community Member

I'm noticing realy bad judder in assassin's creed odyssey myself, I'm playing on a 60hz gaming monitor and have no issues at all with any other game.

Are there mods or any staff that can step in and advise us here? 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I am having the same issue is making me crazy, I have to restart the game in order to fix it but if I change some clothes weapons etc it starts again.

0 Kudos