I always seem to have some type of quality issue when playing. Video/Audio chipping out, skipping, Controller stuck in one direction, etc. When I do not see these issues, I cannot complain! Love Stadia!!!
When I see these issues, I'll monitor my Google WiFi app and verify my network speed and see my Download is at 35+ (even up in the 50's) and my Upload around 1+. (Perfect for Stadia)
*Update: I was watching closer tonight as I had issues and I noticed the download drop between 22-28 and then back to 35+. Also watching the Google WiFi app and the overall download was less than 80 (out of 1000)
Here is my set up, hoping someone can see something and point it out - Thanks in advance!
(Yes, I have power cycled everything, Modem, Google WiFi Hubs, TV, Chromecast)
Basically running at the best that I can in my environment.
Sorry forgot to reply/update... too busy playing Stadia.
After connecting a cable (no longer wireless), all my problems went away. until something changes, my recommendation is connect to a Ethernet cable when playing Staida.
@GTSGameover Is it possible to run an ethernet cable to your Chromecast Ultra's power adapter? Google strongly recommends using a wired connection for the Chromecast, and we've seen that resolve a lot of similar issues.
Google WiFi Gen 2 does not have ethernet ports like the 1st Gen did. I upgraded from Gen1 to Gen2 and that resolve all my other Stadia issues.
The bottom line, I cannot run a cable 😞
For testing I could move the Chromecast to a different TV and try the cable, but that TV is not 4K/HDR - so not a real answer/fix.
Google WiFi Gen 2 does not have ethernet ports like the 1st Gen did.
Ugh, I didn't realize that. Very disappointing; that's one of my favorite things about my Google WiFi setup.
Maybe try a short HDMI extension cable to get the Chromecast further away from the back of the TV? I know that's helped me with streaming issues in the past.
Now add this to the mix...
My Google WiFi "Main" just crapped out on me. Working with Support, Factory reset, 12 hrs later same problem... now RMA. I will continue the troubleshooting when the replacement shows up. Maybe that was the issue this whole time?
In the meantime, I'm back on my old Linksys AC1900 v1 (Custom Firmware) with very little visual issues. (Almost feels better than the issues I described in this post - still too early)
1 Hop. Chromecast to Hub - Hub to Main. I could power down the Hub, I'm just not sure if the Main and Chromecast would be too far away. I'll give it a try tonight.
Change in my environment.
I moved the Google WiFi Hub so it is in the "direct" line of sight of the Google WiFi Main.
What I have noticed so far, the "Mesh Test" shows a consent "Great" Signal. Before it was bouncing between OK and Great. I also noticed that better gameplay on my Pixel 4 XL and Pixel Slate, but I haven't tested the Chromecast much since the change, So I'll post an update later this weekend.