cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Non-4K Pro Advantages?

Hi there. So the tv in my living room (a 4K display) is often occupied by my wife and/or son. In order to enjoy their company while still being able to game, I invested in a wireless hdmi transmitter and receiver that is connected to various game consoles, including a CCU. 

Unfortunately, the wireless hdmi setup is capped at 1080p. With that being the case, is their any advantages to using the maximum stream quality (the setting tier exclusive to Pro subscribers) if I can’t display 4k? I know 5.1 is an added perk, but was curious if textures, lod distances, etc. are better too. 

Lastly, assuming I’m using a 1080p display, for games that are 60fps at 1080p, do I have to set it to balanced, or can I leave it at the maximum quality setting and still achieve 60fps? I appreciate your time and assistance. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Member

If your tv is capped at 1080p then thats the resolution you're stuck at. You get better audio quality with pro as well. I'd say mess with the settings. Play an hour with it at the highest setting and then turn it down a notch and see if you can notice anything significant. That should be a good indicator on what you should use.

When you go back to your main tv just up the settings again through the app.

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
0 Kudos