cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Mouse and Keyboard anytime soon?

Hi all,

I’ve just bought a Premiere edition and I love Stadia through Chromecast Ultra: neat and simple. Red Dead Redemption 2 in a 52 inches TV is just spectacular!

Unfortunatly, I’m totally unable to adapt to the Controller. Too many years of pc gaming with mouse and keyboard, I guess.

So I’m about to rig a pc to TV and give back Premiere Bundle. But it feels like a pity and a wasted opportunity.

Do you think Google will add mouse + keyboard support anytime soon?

3 Kudos
5 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @MrTree 

sorry but what do you mean? You can play with mouse and keyboard using the Chrome Browser on your PC or Mac. 🙂

Did I misunderstand your question?

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

of course I can! But I’m asking specifically for Chromecast Ultra. I’d like to ply on TV without having to rig (and move) my pc to it.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Ah ok, thanks @MrTree 

no, there is no public announcement related to your wish. But please use the feedback function of the Stadia mobile app to report it directly to the team. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I feel your pain. I just can't seem to make a controller work, either. So, I live with using just my PC to play. I know some people have connected their computers to a TV to get closer to the best of both worlds, but that's fairly inconvenient for most people. All of that said, I don't expect to see support for a mouse and keyboard with the Chromecast Ultra. The control path there goes over WiFi straight into the network, so anything the mouse and keyboard connected to would have to be smart enough to do that. Conceivably, the Stadia controller could do it, or you could even use a computer as the "proxy". But, there's a surprising amount of software complexity required to support something like this, so, even though I'd love to see it, I can't imagine enough people are asking for it to bubble it up to the top of the backlog.

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

100% agree. I don't know if I need a mouse (maybe for inventory management which is nigh-impossible with the controller), but it would be ideal to have the controller plus a keyboard to one side. 

0 Kudos