cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Monitor/Chromecast at 4K

I have an old TV and a Chromecast that came with stadia that I used to play. The TV can't support the 4K so I'm looking to get something new.

Is it possible to stream at 4K utilizing a monitor and Chromecast without a computer hooked up? Or do I need a computer to hook up to the monitor and Chromecast?

If I can what are some good monitor options? If I can't do that what are some good TV options? Looking at 27 to 32 in

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

If you check here the requirements for 4K for Stadia Pro, you basically have two options here from my point of view:

• Purchase a TV that is able to run 4K
  • Run Stadia via Chrome on a Computer + 4K Monitor
  • Run Stadia on a mobile phone that can play 4K

As far as I understood you're thinking about hooking the Chromecast to a computer-monitor, but basically without using the PC. This is not possible as far as I can see, but you might give it a try by putting the Chromecast into the computer-monitor and see if it's running. But as far as I understand you need a TV to run the chromecast.

I can't give any recommendations about good TV options, but you can either check out the internet for 4K TVs (guess you have a wide range to choose from, depending on the money you want to spend) or you go to a local store and ask one of the service-persons, to get an idea which TV could work well for you. Sometimes they also have some nice deals in the store, so might be worth a look at least.

1 Kudo
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Not sure about this but I did actually almost buy a monitor to plug my CCU into. I can't see why this wouldn't work to be honest as I would think you would just put the CCU into the HDI port. How does a CCU know it's not a TV anyway? Anybody actually able to confirm?

0 Kudos