cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alex_42
Community Member

Major issues while playing over Chromechast Ultra

My Chromecast Ultra keeps losing the connection, because it said that my internet connection is not good enough. Afterwards it even loses the complete connection to Stadia. Well, I have a 1 GB connection and my connection never has been an issue so far (I am playing since day 1) - in the last couple of days Stadia is completely unusable for me. What I do: 1.) I reboot my Chromecast via Home App 2.) start a game and it always tells me that my connection is excellent 3.) after approx. 10 - 15 minute the connection drops and the game is crashing 4.) now I cannot even start a game anymore until I reboot Chromecast again (after reboot it tells me again that my connection is excellent). Then basically #1 - #4 is repeating. I'm playing with the best visual quality, but I was trying all three different settings (just to make sure ...). Happens on all three settings. I have the Chromecast that came with the Stadia Premiere edition; firmeware version: 1.42.183786 Any help? Currently Stadia is completely unusable for me in that state ... Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Alex_42 :

From a browser, can you check the performance that you are getting for the following URL:  https://projectstream.google.com/speedtest 

Your chromecast ultra, is it connected to your WiFi or is it connected via an Ethernet cable instead?

If connected to WiFi, is it connected to a 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz WiFi frequency?  Also, if you are connecting via WiFi, is the Chromecast Ultra in close proximity to the WiFi Access Point, e.g. in the same room, or if not, how far away?

Does your ISP have any traffic throttling measures in place or limitations on your internet tariff etc.?

Do you get the same sort of issue with connection drops if you run Stadia from a PC via a Chrome browser?

Just trying to see if there is any way we can identify some obvious issues or not.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Akin
Community Member

I have exact same issues. It’s just started few days ago. First ten minutes connection is Excellent/4k. After suddenly decreases to Game Might Stop, then back to Excellent again. Continuously this cycle. FE CCU (fully updated) is wired with Ethernet 300+mb / M-Lab 95-125+ mb (Italy) Rebooted/unplugged modem and ccu nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alex_42
Community Member

Hi,

the speed test tells me my connection is great (over 350 mbps).

- Chromecast is connected via WiFi - router is very close; just a few inch. Modem/Router is directly behind my TV

- Chromecast is conencted via 5Ghz

ISP does not have any traffic throttling measures in place or any other limitation 

- I just played a bit via Chrome browser from my PC and it was okay. At least I didn't have a connection loss; this only happens via Chromecast. PC is connected to the same WiFi but with only 2.4 Ghz as it is in another floor ... 

Again this just started to happen; there are no changes to my home network or internet provider. And it only happens on Chromecast ... First few month from November till now where great

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
w1ggspl1tt3r
Community Member

I have zero issues playing over WiFi on my Chromecast ultra on lg tv. Sounds like you all have internet issues?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

Started with issues today with thumper.

Played at work before with no issues sound an graphic worked ( today not so good)

but also now on chromecast (exactly the same issue)

And yes both nets are high performance acvording too google

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos