cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Keyboard and Mouse with Chromecast Stadia...

Jump to solution

Are there any plans for a compatible Keyboard and Mouse for the Stadia users that utilize the Chromecast?  Its obvious that Stadia runs best via Chromecast so is there a way to develop a keyboard/mouse that connects directly through wifi or is that something that just wont work due to input latency issues?   Are there any plans to explore these options going forward?  

2 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

I wish they had such plans, but they appearently don't plan this. There are rumors, that CCU Gen 2 will have mouse/keyboard support, but take this with a grain of salt.

Ppl over there on Reddit seem to be pretty salty when you criticise the lack of M/K support, so I think, that most Stadia players just prefer things as they are, even if there would be no downside on additional input methods. 

Send feedback in the app, I would appreciate having more resonance. There are ppl that play on a monitor instead of a TV and there are ppl, that play on TV but sit on a desk, so this would definitely be a good opportunity to attract PC players, that simply can't handle aiming via controller.

Thanks for your support!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Elysian There's no official news with regards to that specific feature. My guess is that since most people are using Chromecast with TV, that means usually people will be sitting on a couch or somewhere far from TV, so a controller will make more sense rather than m/kb. But i do understand some people like to use m/kb even while playing on TV. Make sure to submit feedback through the Stadia app, as it's the official way of getting your voice heard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

I wish they had such plans, but they appearently don't plan this. There are rumors, that CCU Gen 2 will have mouse/keyboard support, but take this with a grain of salt.

Ppl over there on Reddit seem to be pretty salty when you criticise the lack of M/K support, so I think, that most Stadia players just prefer things as they are, even if there would be no downside on additional input methods. 

Send feedback in the app, I would appreciate having more resonance. There are ppl that play on a monitor instead of a TV and there are ppl, that play on TV but sit on a desk, so this would definitely be a good opportunity to attract PC players, that simply can't handle aiming via controller.

Thanks for your support!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos