cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Input Lag off Chromecast with controller but not playing in Chrome

Anybody in the same boat as me I have bursts of input lag using controller on TV, connection is green and stable my ms is pinging around 23 I and have game mode on TV can get seriously unplayable at times! On the other hand using Chrome only pc with mouse and keyboard I'm fine no input lag visual glitches are worse on Chrome but still playable. Any ideas what to check or change?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@JabbatheHutt How is your Chromecast connected to the network - WiFi or wired ethernet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Its connected by Ethernet image is really good just the input lag goes crazy when enemy are near to me or a lot of action maybe I am using more joystick commands at this point not sure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@JabbatheHutt Is this in any particular game or across the board? Is the input latency better when there's not a lot of enemies around or intense action happening?

And how's the WiFi signal that the controller is connected to? Can you try using an app like WiFiman to make sure there's not a whole lot of congestion on that band?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Unfortunately I haven't got many games to test with I'm waiting for borderlands 3 but yes input lag seems better when not many enemy's around.

Yes I used WiFi analyzer to make sure I am on a decent channel -43 dBm today tested today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Its across the board. Why does it do this massive input lag with the controller when playing through the chromecast and not when playing with mouse and keyboard on my pc?? I do get some glitches with pc but not the game breaking input lag that I get with the chromecast.

Its unbearable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm getting the same thing. Fast input when using my laptop, but when on the chromecast with my controller, the picture lags way behind the sound.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same problem here but only with The crew 2.

Every other game works like a charm, no matter playing on chromecast or chrome browser, but with the crew 2 I have input lag playing on chromecast, on the chrome browser works perfect.

0 Kudos