cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Hdr

Since the new settings update on chromecast mine says that device doesn’t support HDR even though my tv is 4K HDR 10 and used to show HDR in the past. Has anyone else got this problem all of a sudden

2 Kudos
10 Replies
Community Member

Yeah same for me too and was fine before. Wondering if it could be the network speed?

1 Kudo
Community Member

Shouldn’t be. I’m getting just under 200 download. I’ve messaged support to see if it’s something that is more of a general problem 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Same. New TV this year, Fully Supports HDR but it’s not working on Stadia. Very high speed connection so I’ve got 4K np. God to hear I’m not the only one with this issue. 

Tags (1)
1 Kudo
Community Member

Sorted mine out after. I needed to turn the enhanced setting on on my soundbar for it to passthrough hdr

1 Kudo
Community Member

Thanks for the update will have a think. My HDR feed is direct from Chromecast to the TV as before so very strange.

2 Kudos
Community Member

Enable hdr/full black on your hdmi that stadia is connected to. 

On my new TV I have changed port from hdmi to uhd blue ray just name of it and then it reads stadia with hdr

1 Kudo
Community Member

Same issue here. Both TVs support HDR, and it is on... but Stadia reports they don't support it. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

Thanks, I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@SilverOwly  - Hey there! I found a solution to mine. On my TVs I had to enable HDMI 2.0 Enhanced Format in order to get HDR to work over HDMI. Did that and it's all good now. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Tenkely-hey, HDR works fine on my tv over hdmi and also built in apps aswell. It's just stadia on chromecast ultra that doesn't support HDR. The option is greyed out and disabled and unenabable and even unselectabubble. lol.

Oh but thanks for the reply ofcourse. It sounds promising. I will make sure to keep it as a valuable option for further investigation.

0 Kudos