cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Amphoterism
Community Member

Having issues with 5.1 surround sound

On other apps connected to my TV I'm able to use eArc and output Dolby Digital surround sound on my receiver. If I cast to my Chromecast I'm able to get it to output Dolby Digital. However when playing a stadia game on my Chromecast, it only outputs stereo. I have gigabit internet, but in the connection tab, I'm only seeing 4k & HDR. There is no icon for 5.1. Do I need to enable this somewhere? Plugging into my receiver yields the same results. Stereo only.
7 Kudos
Highlighted
ox_eye
Community Member

I have a very old Receiver Yamaha HTR-3063 and get 5.1 sound. Just plug in Chromecast Ultra in HDMI 1 with PCM suppprt. Set receiver to PCM and 5.1 works perfect. Only thing is, that I have no 4k then, just 1080p
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Spam
Community Member

Sad day for me today, returning my stadia. Hope this problem will be resolved in the future.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Amphoterism
Community Member

Over two months since I opened this... Still have not had any official response from @GraceFromGoogle @ChrisFromGoogle. It's going to be a real PR disaster when Stadia is launched and you get people paying $10/month for premium and not getting what they are paying for because google can't support Dolby. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Rosiv
Community Member

My words.... We are not casuals, we are nerds, gamers and techies. If they hit casuals with this lack of promised 5.1 Sound, they will **bleep** it all up. Besides: I know why I can't have 5.1 Sound when CCU is connected to my TV, as I have a 2019 LG with HDMI2.1 but obviously they have not all eARC features fixed yet. So the Signal from CCU can't (yet) be forwarded to my reciever. Update WILL come 2020, but as my TV is on the upper end of technology, I doubt that most of the TVs out there are able to do so, too. Connected to my receiver 5.1 works like a charm, but I don't want this solution. CCU should be connected to the TV. At least as long as my TV recognize the CCU as CCU. 😉 Fun fact: My LG does not know what the CCU is. It does not recognize it. My ex wife's Samsung does recognize it imediatelly. That is why I can't plug it into my receiver, as without recognition it won't switch to the right input channel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kaittoo
Community Member

same with me here, i only get Stereo on my Sony 91 Headphones... It has separat LEDs for Stereo or Multi Channel input ..... On other apps Inputs it works fine, it only wont work with Stadia. I am using a high end lg oled, sony 9.1 Headphones and a Chromecast on wifi.

0 Kudos