cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Having issues with 5.1 surround sound

On other apps connected to my TV I'm able to use eArc and output Dolby Digital surround sound on my receiver. If I cast to my Chromecast I'm able to get it to output Dolby Digital. However when playing a stadia game on my Chromecast, it only outputs stereo. I have gigabit internet, but in the connection tab, I'm only seeing 4k & HDR. There is no icon for 5.1. Do I need to enable this somewhere? Plugging into my receiver yields the same results. Stereo only.
7 Kudos
70 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I can confirm that ARC only support 2.0 in my setup. My TV /receiver do not support EARC, though that should be able to forward the signal.

If I put the CC into my yamaha directly I'm getting a 3/2/0 PCM signal (5.0). This is surround and I can hear that over my headphones. However, I also feel that I'm missing some bass compared to my ps4pro destiny 2 gameplay.

Ps4pro gives a 7.1 PCM signal AND supports dolby digital/DTS for ARC/optical paths, that's much better for surround.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I've the same problem, I can only get stereo sound. Is there any sound configuration in Stadia ? I tested in Destinity that I supose has DD, and with Dead Read Redemption that in sound config only ha e Stereo, why?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yeah I'm literally able to get surround sound out of everything but stadia. I've never had an issue where I don't get surround sound with my current set-up until stadia. Hopefully this can get updated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same problem. CC put out a DD+ signal when i start Netflix, but only pcm2.0 Whit stadia. I can't undestand.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yeah I don't get why it's not outputting sound properly @GraceFromGoogle 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

same issue. no 5.1 signal to AVR shows 4K HDR stereo. game shows 4K HDR 5.1. 

setup:

CCU ethernet to 1Gbps fiber (display shows excellent connection)

CCU into HDCP 2.2 port on AVR

AVR to TV

any other source that plays 5.1 (netflix, amazon, etc) on the CCU plays 5.1 only stadia will not play 5.1. 

other LPCM sources play fine even PCM sources play without issue on AVR. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yep, thats the same exact issue i'm having. Glad I'm not the only one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

update: i got it working

i did a factory reset on the CCU and synced the stadia app and controller to it again and it started outputting 5.1 to my AVR.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hmm... I'll have to try this when I get home. 

0 Kudos