cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Elder Scrolls Online language

Jump to solution

I got ESO but I'm not able to change its language. The default language is French. I've managed to change the language playing in Chrome by modifying the URL but I can't make it for Chromecast.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Sorry to hear that @jontxucsebm,

have you tried to change the language of your chromecast in the Google Home App to see if this changes the language?

1. Open your Google Home App.
  2. Select the room where your device (chromecast) is set up.
  3. Click on the settings in the top right corner.
  4. Change the language under "language" to the one you want your games in.
  5. Open Stadia on TV and enjoy!

Can you also check which language your account (myaccount.google.com) has? You can check the language here.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Sorry to hear that @jontxucsebm,

have you tried to change the language of your chromecast in the Google Home App to see if this changes the language?

1. Open your Google Home App.
  2. Select the room where your device (chromecast) is set up.
  3. Click on the settings in the top right corner.
  4. Change the language under "language" to the one you want your games in.
  5. Open Stadia on TV and enjoy!

Can you also check which language your account (myaccount.google.com) has? You can check the language here.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks, both things worked fine. First I changed my Chromecast language from Spanish to English and the game started to run in English. Then, I checked my account settings and I saw that French was before English, so changing that also worked (with Chromecast in Spanish). Thank you Chufu!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I tried that and id does not work. 

The language changed for many games, but not for elder scrolls online. It remained in english.

I think it is ridiculous that you have to change your main language to experience a given game in an alternate language.

Think of english speakers who have family mambers (kids) who don't understand english. This froces me to switch the language of countless games and force me to play in spanish, when I just want to give access to that given game to my kid,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@lotek for which language did you try it actually? Elder Scrolls Online is only offering EN, DE, FR and RU at the moment, so if you've chosen any other language, it would be "working as intended" when ESO is not switching.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks @Chufu I tried Spanish!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

ah okay @lotek, that might be why you can't change it then.

I actually look up again for you if it's planned to bring ESO in spanish, but all I could find was this article in the ESO-database. A few weeks ago (with Greymoor) ESO actually launched russian as an available language, so I would assume, that if they are planning any further languages, it could be spanish or portuguese next, that would at least make sense to me. 🙂 But probably also depends on their translation-team!

Wish you the best though that they bring the game in spanish soon for you, I can totally understand that especially for kids it's good if they play in their native language, but maybe until then it's a good English training for them. 🙂

1 Kudo