cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Device hdr not supported

I subscribed to stadia pro, for hdr on my chromecast ultra on my 4k sony hdr tv.

The stadia app on sony 4k hdr tv via chromecast ultra says "hdr is not supported by this device." under settings.

It used to work in the past. What happened?

The hdr function is greyed out. Can't select/enable it.

Non pro stadia does works fine. And most of all else is functioning properly. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey,

so you mean that before Stadia Pro everything worked normal without problems on that device (TV)?

You mention that the Stadia App is showing you this, it might be - because you were going to the settings in the Stadia App - that your mobile device (phone) is not HDR compatible. Can you try if you have any option on the TV to change the settings to 4K there? As far as I know, Google changed this, so now you can choose that setting on the device you're playing Stadia with (if I am not mistaken).

If this also doesn't work, I am running out of ideas here, so from my point of view it might also help to contact the Stadia support with your specific case.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Hi thanks for the reply. I'll check this link out. Thanks for sharing it. 

And yeah this sony 4k tv supports hdr (beautifully) and tv stadia app via Chromecast ultra shows hdr greyed out with the message that the tv doesn't support hdr.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Chufu-Hey, I just wanted to say. I have found other people who don't have 4k and HDR working properly since june or so. 

I have also heard rumors that 4k and HDR is temporarily disabled since june to reduce internet traffic load due to world circumstances. If this is true, then I have been wasting my time trying to find a fix/issue. stadia support also cannot find the cause of the problem or solution.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Really weird issue. I mean maybe someone here in the community has another idea, otherwise I can only suggest to send feedback in the app or on stadia.google.com so that the engineers can read it and have a look into it (if it might be a bug), especially when the stadia support was unable to help you too.

Maybe it's also worth to check your device again, I don't know if anything on it has changed (e.g. update or anything) and that's why this function is greyed out for you.

Not sure though if the rumors that you heard are true, because some players can still play in HDR and 4K, so if this would have been disabled, believe me, many more would spread out the word.

0 Kudos