cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Controller tries to update

1. Controller trying to update on every startup.
2. Controller shuts of rather than displaying exit menu while hold press. Then need to restart controller to exit Stadia on Chromecast.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Can you try setting the controller up from scratch by resetting it?  Get ready in the Stadia app on your phone, then follow the factory reset steps here: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9584135?hl=en-CA&ref_topic=9495415

You'll then set up the controller using the app like you did when it was new.   If it actually needs updates it should go through the update process again after you've set the controller up and connected it to wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for reply.

This is very helpful in my quest in troubleshooting.

After factory reset of controller it tried and failed to update 3 times and suggested to try again in an hour.

This time I at least get a progress bar.

This gets to just passed 50% before failing.

I will try again later. Open to more troubleshooting steps. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Good luck.  If it still doesn't work later, your controller might have a hardware problem (maybe a failed prior update semi-bricked it) and you'll have to try to get it resolved through Stadia Support here: https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks, but it says "chat support is not currently available" and "phone support is not available at this time"

So when and/or where may help be available?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

It says: 

"Available every day, 6:00 AM PT to 10:00 PM PT"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks I got them in the opening hours.

They asked me to make sure I had the latest update of the Stadia app. But we ended up to ship a new controller. I've already got it.

And as far as I'm concerned... I've got two controllers that I'm not able to update or play with...

So I'm going to troubleshoot a bit more tomorrow...

My Stadia app: version 2.16.309796463

0 Kudos