cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Codename Sabrina

Jump to solution

Will Stadia be supported on Sabrina, if not is there any specific reason why, according to all the information leaking at the moment, Sabrina is a Chromecast Ultra but with some version of android TV built in, a separate remote, and all for a smaller price. 

Any clarification you can bring to this subject will be appreciated. 

@StadiaTeam 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Stadia now works with any Android TV so yes it will absolutely work. Also, it's now confirmed that Sabrina is a Chromecast with Android TV so again, it will work.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Member

I just assumed it would. Is there a reason why you think it might not or are you just making sure. Was gonna buy one when they came out, but, gonna follow this to make sure it does first 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member
I just want official confirmation, as I'm currently waiting for them to be released, would be nice to free up a hdmi port, since I changed soundbar to the Sonos Arc, I only have the 4 in my TV, which are taken up by the Arc soundbar, plasystation, Fire TV, and now Chromecast, so I need an input switch to connect my Nintendo Switch, which is a pain.
If I could get rid of the fire TV and Chromecast with Sabrina, I'd have enough ports to connect everything.

PS, I don't know how reliable this is, but an associate who works for Google has said that Codename Sabrina is fully Stadia compatible, hence the sale on Stadia premiere editions, to sell as many units as possible before people can buy the cheaper and better Sabrina, separate controller, and still save money over the Premier edition on sale.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia now works with any Android TV so yes it will absolutely work. Also, it's now confirmed that Sabrina is a Chromecast with Android TV so again, it will work.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Community Member
Guess I really should read those app updates along with the general and games updates.
Would I be right in thinking that this opens the door for wireless mouse and keyboard support (specially seeing as the June update required a mouse to navigate the app?).
This seems to me like the kind of thing Stadia should be screaming from the rooftops, as it cuts the initial set up for a TV by over half, and brings in all sorts of device communication support.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Maybe we will finally get Dolby support too

0 Kudos