cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Chromecast temporary signal loss

New to stadia, playing RDR2 on my chromecast ultra. I've got a pretty solid internet connection, 400mbit down. I do unfortunately have the CCU on wifi, but it's connecting directly to our nest wifi main router (not the mesh node) with a solid signal, and I have optimize for stadia turned on in our wifi settings. 

Stadia works absolutely fantastic, but every 20-30 minutes or so the TV will lose the signal from the chromecast briefly, and when it comes back the input lag is like 5 seconds. I have to completely exit stadia and come back into the game. This solves the problem about 50% of the time, the rest of the time the lag remains and I just have  to give up for the night. 

I don't have another chromecast ultra to test with unfortunately. Anyone seen this behavior before? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Have you tried to see if this happens only during Stadia streaming or also just streaming a long video (Netflix, Prime, YouTube etc.) to rule out whether it is Stadia specific?  I doubt it's Stadia itself since you say your TV reports no signal during this time.  You can also try a different input on your AVR/TV, if going through things like an AVR or Soundbar try connecting directly to the TV.

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

It's only Stadia, our CCU is our only source device on this TV, which is our primary TV.

We do youtube TV, netflix, prime, disney, spotify through it constantly without issue. 

The TV reports loss of HDMI signal briefly, it comes right back with stadia still running, but the input lag is insane. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Come to think of it, this problem only started happening when I flipped to using USB-C headphones off my controller. Never happened when using the speakers or the 3.5mm headphone jack, I'll flip back to my other headphones and see if that somehow has something to do with it. 

Not sure how it would, but /shrug

0 Kudos