cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TEN
Community Member

Chromecast Shutdown while i'm playing Destiny2

Hello, My Stadia cuts this in the middle of games, tells me that I have to reconnect while my internet connection is active. This happened to me more than once during long games (Destiny2) It seems that I have the same problem as a large part of the community playing on Chromecast. As presented on the Reddit forum, Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/dzd6v8/chromecast_ultra_overheating/ Do you have a Chromecast exchange procedure that heats up too much and that turns off unexpectedly?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TEN : I'm not aware of any particular exchange program, certainly you could discuss the matter with Google Store support and see what their take is on this particular issue.   Not something that I personally have encountered yet, but there have been a number of reports about it on Reddit as you've seen already.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Babaganuche7
Community Member

I haven't had any issues but I use the chromecast that came with my controller. Is the problem specific to destiny2? Have you tried using it for non stadia apps? Does it tend to happen randomly or after playing for an extended period of time?

0 Kudos