cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

ChromeCast Ultra + Stadia Controller 3.5mm headset volume too low

Hi, I just got myself Stadia Controller and ChromeCast Ultra, which I am connecting to my TCL 4k TV. I'm playing Read Dead Redemption 2 and I noticed the volume is too low when I plug in my headset using the 3.5mm jack in the Stadia Controller. I tried setting the volume settings to max but the headset volume doesn't increase. I can increase my TV output volume however when not playing through the headset. I would really like an option to increase my headset volume, can anyone help?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Just got my stadia today, played pubg through ccu and thought very quiet volume. Is it normal? Tried several headsets today and all the same. Otherwise impressed with the gadget. Could graphics and only the odd lag shudder in multilayer on 40mbs link. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Meant to say "good graphics" 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Have you tried adjusting the master volume in the Stadia settings? When I play with my headset plugged into the Stadia controller while on my chromebook, it is the only way to adjust the volume.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This may sound silly but was an issue I had a few months ago. Is the aux cord fully plugged into your headset? Next time you use it really shove that cord into the headset with a lot of force. If it gets louder that means you probbaly need an aux cord that can get a solid connection. Once I got a new headset with a new aux cord it was like night and day.

#BlackLivesMatter
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Headset all the way in to the controller. It's just the max volume currently is probably where mid volume is on my xbox. shame as the tech is good except for this and the Dpad being in the wrong place for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Tried shoving the headset jack, tried multiple different headsets. Finally contacted Stadia support, who after asking a lot of questions didn't respond properly. The only suggestion they gave was to factory reset the controller and let it apply the latest firmware update. Ironically I got my controller _yesterday_, so it should already have the latest firmware update.

I don't know why Google is making this a low priority when its affecting so many people. Otherwise the graphics and controller usage is really good.. the sound issue downgrades the overall good experience to a mediocre one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Update: I tried following the advice of Google support to reset the controller (FDR) and connect to laptop chrome instead of ChromeCast. The problem still persists!!! So its not an issue of ChromeCast, its definitely an issue of the controller, where I think the headphone jack is underpowered for some reason.

2 Kudos