cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Chrome cast reboots Sony TV with Android TV

Whenever I stop using the chrome cast and then go to use it a few hours later, I've noticed that my TV goes through the entire boot screen like as if it was unplugged. Is there a way around this as I really don't want to keep on taking out the chrome cast all the time.

Also shouldn't Google make an app for these TVs?

5 Kudos
34 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Ok. it seems that Google or Sony will not provide any solution to this issue. they dont care. So, I've decided follow the steps of @SilverFoxLuso.

I bought a Smart Plug with google home assistant that I called "Stadia" and now I can turn on/off the chromecast completely using my voice (Ok, google, turn on Stadia)

The TV is not rebooting anymore

more specifically, I have created a routine.

When I say: "Ok google, run Stadia" the assistant turn on the TV and the chromecast at the same time

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

It's not ideal, but for now it's all we have.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I wonder what happened.  Someone had mentioned in the past that Sony had a pre-release firmware update that fixes this but I haven't seen any updates on my 2017 XBR65X900E since 7/19.

For what it's worth while this still happens to me, it happens much more rarely now that I have my Denon AVR-X3600H in between the CCU and my TV.  It seemed to happen just about every time we had the TV in standby overnight when I had the CCU connected directly to the HDMI port on the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

FYI the Sony support site updated with a new firmware for my X900E.  The fixes mentioned on the page do not include anything about reboots but I'm downloading to install now hoping some kind of fix for that is in there anyway.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Ok, so I have a CCU powered by a HomeKit Plug, and connected to a Philips Hue HDMI Sync box, which in turn is connected to the TV.

so far so good.

This morning I got up and went into my living room, and the lights came on (or possibly they were already on) the TV on the other hand is off. I haven’t touched anything yet.

im going to do a little troubleshooting, I’m going to turn off the CCU and only then turn on the TV.
The Hue sync box has now correctly surmised that no signal is coming from the CCU, but it’s still on. I’ll turn it off as well.
It is now on standby. Next I’ll try and turn on the tv.

Interestingly, the TV turned on no problem, and is now on the HDMI 3 that has the Hue Sync box connected, but correctly says no signal.

I’ll try some other troubleshooting things later.

0 Kudos