cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Chrome cast reboots Sony TV with Android TV

Whenever I stop using the chrome cast and then go to use it a few hours later, I've noticed that my TV goes through the entire boot screen like as if it was unplugged. Is there a way around this as I really don't want to keep on taking out the chrome cast all the time.

Also shouldn't Google make an app for these TVs?

6 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The chromecast ultra needs to be on ports 2 or 3 on most models or you lose 4K/60hz with HDR capability as those tend to be the only ports that support it.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Moving the CCU to another HDMI port didn't help. Which perhaps was fortunate, as HDMI port 1 doesn't have 4k60fps support. 

Have now tried to disable auto picture mode in the TV settings. Was previously on 'Auto (24p)', now 'off'. Let's see if it helps. Chromecast Ultra has automatic game mode enabled through the Google Home app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I know that my XBR65X900E (2017) doesn't support ALLM  (auto game mode), I'm not sure which year Sony may have started supporting that.

I recently upgraded receivers to a Denon X3600H and plugged the CCU into that instead of the TV and have only had one time in weeks where the TV rebooted during standby so even that wasn't a total fix for the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same for me with my Bravia, changing HDMI ports had no effect.

I will try to switch off Auto Game Mode in Google Home, and also automatic HDMI device switching in the Bravia options. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I wouldn't do that as it's getting rid of a perfectly working setting because a poor software design.

Game mode unrelated.

My workaround was to buy a cheap smart plug and setup a google assistant routine where when I say "turn off tv" it turns off the chromecast that is currently connected to smartplug and also turns off tv. This works as when I turn on tv, the chromecast is still off and tv turns on with no issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Well this would be a too much of a workaround for me, I'd rather live with the extra seconds the TV needs to start. (or wait to try with integrated Chromecast) 

HDMI Port is set to Game Mode anyhow, so it should make no difference. At least it's worth a try.

Goal is: fix it, vendors

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi @SilverFoxLuso Are you sure that your chromecast receive the software updates if you turn off the device completely?

Guys, in the other hand I need your help. I'm in contact with stadia support via email. They told me to try to restore the factory settings of the chromecast and change it to port HDMI 4 (just to check if this happens even in ports with no HDR suport) Unfortunately the tv rebooted several times after that.

Now, they asking me what is my tv model and if I have onother tv at home. I don't have any other tv at home but I think is important if we share our Bravias models, because this affect many models and not to specific one. So I can share that info with Stadia support. I am assume that all of us have a Sony Bravia

My model is: KD55XF9005

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Mine is KD-65XF8505.

TV doesn't reboot anymore, when Bravia Sync Device is removed, and automatic switching on/off of HDMI Devices is deactivated. This is fine for me, so I didn't try to break down what option solved it. 

Problem existed on both HDR and non HDR ports. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Disabling HDMI CEC is unfortunately a non-starter for most people as it takes a huge convenience factor away from Stadia and the Chromecast in general, especially if you're using an AVR which introduces a whole other layer of turning things on and switching inputs.

It's very likely a Sony problem, who still have not seemed to have released any kind of firmware in quite some time for my X900E... but if Google can fix this on their end that would be awesome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

honestly, I prefer switch off the chromecast completely before turn off the bravia sync

0 Kudos