cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Chrome cast reboots Sony TV with Android TV

Whenever I stop using the chrome cast and then go to use it a few hours later, I've noticed that my TV goes through the entire boot screen like as if it was unplugged. Is there a way around this as I really don't want to keep on taking out the chrome cast all the time.

Also shouldn't Google make an app for these TVs?

6 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The TV actually needs to support ALLM for auto game mode to work, mine doesn't (X900E). But your TV should have a built in Auto mode on the picture options which does the same thing when it detects a 60hz screen mode which the chromecast will switch to when playing Stadia.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

This helped me thankyou, i didnt know there was an option for auto mode 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Shambolic

In my case I never use the "game mode". Honestly, I don't like it. The image looks poor and with less definition.. in my opinion.

but.. I tried once that option... and not, didnt work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

bad news. My solution didn't work. My tV is still rebooting. For sure is caused by the chromecast.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@SilverFoxLusoWe know that already. None had this issue before the Stadia. So obviously is something between the chromecast and the Sony's TV.

There is a new version of the firmware for Bravia TVs, launched the last november. v6.6545. at least for Europe. check if your tv are included in the list of devices compatibles and if you have this last version. Hope it helps

Sony España -> https://www.sony.es/electronics/support/downloads/00016450

Sony Ireland -> https://www.sony.ie/electronics/support/downloads/00016450

Sony UK -> https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00016450

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I haven't changed anything, and my TV definitely has not received an update, but I haven't encountered the reboot issue in quite some time now. I'm not sure what happened, I've just been following the practice of switching to TV/Antenna input before turning the TV off after using Stadia.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Shambolic you mean you disabled the game mode for the Chromecast Ultra via the Home app? Does it work for you still? I'm trying out now, and will now in a few day if it works consistently. Hopefully.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have game mode enabled in the home app, moved Chromecast to hdmi2 (was in hdmi3 before) not had a reboot for weeks now. I also put tv into tv broadcast mode before turning it off.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Okay, thanks for the info.

Tried disabling the game mode in the Home app, but it didn't had any effect. When I started the TV, it opened the Netflix app (where I left it) and after 1-2 seconds it rebooted. Mostly it works if shut down when in the Netflix app (I guess what matter is whether the Chromecast input is active or not). 

Now trying to have the Chromecast on HDMI port 1 instead of 2. Hopefully that will help. HDMI 3 is my only ARC port, so I need it for the soundbar.

0 Kudos