cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Chrome cast reboots Sony TV with Android TV

Whenever I stop using the chrome cast and then go to use it a few hours later, I've noticed that my TV goes through the entire boot screen like as if it was unplugged. Is there a way around this as I really don't want to keep on taking out the chrome cast all the time.

Also shouldn't Google make an app for these TVs?

6 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

This is very interesting... because I noticed my XBR65X900E doing the very same thing shortly after I hooked up the CCU to it for Stadia and never had an issue with it going into and out of standby before it. I think it's related to HDMI-CEC, and possibly HDR mode switching. I seem to have avoided this happening again lately by just giving it a second after "shutting down" stadia, to return to SDR mode etc. before turning the TV "off" OR by switching it to TV (antenna) mode or even just the home screen prior to turning the tv "off". Personally I think it happens when you quit the game and then put the TV on standby too quickly.

Try just giving it a second to switch out of HDR mode, and then changing to a different input before turning the TV off and see if it keeps happening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Well... following my own advice still results in me going to use the TV and having it go through the whole boot sequence once in a while.

Have you actually verified that disconnecting the chromecast from the TV stops this from happening?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello, I have the exaclty same problem.

Is not always, but many times, when I turn on my tv (Sony Bravia 55 4k HDR Android TV) the Android logo appears on the screen, and then the TV rebooting. Never happened before, it began after install the chromecast ultra for Stadia. I have a friend with the similar or same television than me with the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I also have the same issue, my Sony has its own Chromecast built-in and now with Stadia I also have Chromecast Ultra, could there be a conflict? After some hours, typically when I switch on the TV the following day, I have to wait until Android TV launches, as when it's rebooted. My Sony TV has Android TV 8 (and it won't be updated to any other version). Shall we try blocking Chromecast built-in? How can we do that?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have done everything possible and it still reboots. I am forced to take the chrome cast ultra out which isn't ideal as my TV is mounted. Is there anything else that can be done to stop this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Mine has definitely been acting better lately, what I've been doing is waiting a few seconds after shutting Stadia down, then switching to the TV (Channels) input, then finally suspending the TV.   Could just be coincidence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

not in my case. I followed your steps but the TV is still rebooting. the last days is happening more than often.

where are the forum staff  that are not helping us?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I think that we found a solution. Go to settings and find "Bravia Sync". disconnect the second option (turn off devices HDMI with the tv)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

My Sony tv was doing this, originally i had all Bravia link options totally disabled and it was rebooting. I have now enabled the top Bravia toggle in the options and as yet it has not rebooted. I also find that i have the "automatically enable game mode" setting turned on the chromecast in the google home app but it does not actually work. Has anyone else had success with this?
0 Kudos