cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GOATFATHER
Community Member

Can I use my chromecast for anything else then Stadia?

Hi fellas! This is the first time Im using a dongle of any sort. Using a LG c9 at the moment and is happy with WebOS. However when I installed Stadia I thought I also could use my chromecast ultra as an extrernal smartTV device. Seems to me I just can use it for Stadia. Is that so or am I missing features on my chromecast ultra?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@GOATFATHER : It's just a Chromecast Ultra, so you can do all the stuff that you can do with any Chromecast, it just happens that you can also launch Stadia through it when it is setup accordingly.  So, for our CCU we've cast movies to it from our phones as one example, but in reality we don't do too much outside of using Stadia with our CCU because we've already got access to Netflix/Prime and a bunch of other stuff through our TV service provider and we just watch whatever we want through that via a TIVO box or it's rebranded equivalent with Virgin Media.

But back to your original question, you don't need to do anything special just cast whatever you want to watch on your TV via your CCU from your phone/tablet/computer etc.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
matzy
Community Member

CCU has become my personal default way to watch netflix, prime, and youtube on my TV. I have a 2018 Sony TV, but - frankly put, I havent been impressed with the smart features on the TV itself- they are buggy, dont always start, etc. It has been far easier, since I got my CCU, just to grab my phone and click the "cast" button. Its quicker too, by a country mile. TV doesnt even need to be on as it wakes-up in the CCU when I hit the cast button. I do miss an on-TV-screen menu though.
0 Kudos