cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

This thread going dead, my support ticket going dead, my Twitter rant going dead, and seemingly everyone else's channels of communication going dead makes me think Google have decided to not bother solving this issue. Ah well. Got a nice ornament in my controller that I can tell people is for the failed Stadia system that Google shipped with unacceptable flaws and then couldn't be bothered to solve. I was so excited for Stadia, but Google's Stadia failing to work on Googles Chromecast Ultra connected over Google WiFi is just pathetic. Was this even tested?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I've had a few more email exchanges with stadia on both Twitter and over email. I've tried out a few more troubleshooting steps for them, things like updating the controller firmware etc. Still no solution but I've had fairly frequent DM's on twitter assuring me it's still being investigated (unprompted DM's I have to say).

I'll keep you guys updated if I get any tangible information to share. Once the Christmas Holidays are out of the way I'll be pushing for a solution.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I've had the exact same issues here with destiny and samurai showdown, and a similar response from google support. The last update they said basically that they're working on it, but at the same time suggested to look at QoS settings on my router as if it's still just a problem at my end.

I tried tomb raider more recently and, surprisingly, that actually seems to be OK for me, or at least if there is an audio delay it is much less noticeable.  Just curious if anyone else has tried it, since it was one of the december free games. 

@DarkAlphaI took a chance on Borderlands 3, based on my experience with tomb raider, and that seems OK too, at least for me.  But beware I've seen other issues with bugs and pretty severe drops in framerate (still enjoying the game though).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The lag in Tomb Raider is horrendous. Check out the begining when he taps his chest:

https://youtu.be/Csi2MXrRgEg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So your issue isn't with the Chrome Cast Ultra then, it's with your audio system introducing latency?

I have mine plugged into my soundbar with all audio enhancements like virtual surround turned off and it runs like a dream with no audio latency.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The issue is definitely with Stadia and the Chromecast Ultra. There is enough evidence to support this. It's possible you just haven't noticed the audio delay yourself with whatever games you are playing.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

The issue is most definitely a problem with stadia on the chromecast ultra.... I have a nintendo switch, a PS4 and a blu ray player all connected to the same set up.. none of which have this problem.. In addition playing Netflix or YouTube via the Chromecast ultra doesn't suffer with the issue. It's only stadia and ONLY on CCU. There are plenty of others also with this issue. It's not our kit, set up or anything we have control over. If it was it wouldn't only be stadia with the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Bumping this thread up to keep it alive. Amazed that there still hasn't been a response from Google yet lmao. I refuse to play anymore until it's fixed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yoohoo! Google!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Bump is a good idea. But I've lost hope that this will be addressed. I lost hope when there was a Q&A on reddit, post-release, and there wasn't a single question about Audio sync. I think most people just don't realize it's there, or don't care.

I haven't stopped using Stadia because of it. It's already paid for so might as well enjoy it. But it has stopped me from buying a premiere edition for my upstairs TV. I won't buy what I know is a defective product.

And for the people questioning if it's really the Chromecast (I've seen a couple posts in here like that). It's clear and obvious it's the CCU. Here's my setup:

Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Stadia --> HDMI to Receiver then Receiver to TV.

Destiny 2 on XBOX: no audio sync issue

Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro: no audio sync issue

Destiny 2 on Stadia: big audio delay

Destiny 2 on my PC via Chrome: no audio sync issue

Destiny 2 on my Laptop via Chrome: no audio sync issue

It's the CCU.

0 Kudos