cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I fear the "gaming mode" of some TV manufacturers is the real problem here.

In order to avoid a delay in the input of video games, the picture is displayed much faster than in other modes of the TV. Unfortunately, the sound is not adjusted, it is still output at the "normal" time.

For example, if I play a YouTube video in "Gaming Mode", it is asynchronous, just like in Stadia. But as soon as I choose another mode, the sound matches the picture again.

Unfortunately we are dependent on the "Gaming Mode" for Stadia. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

My Chromecast ultra is also connected directly to my sound bar, and I still suffer with this delay. It's also worth noting that I'm using some ridiculously expensive arc HDMI cables that the guy in the TV store roped me into buying so the feed between the TV and the sound system should have extremely good latency.

Regarding the comment about game mode, I sort of agree, I don't think it's necessarily game mode itself that is to "blame", but it must have some connection to the root cause.. Game mode simply turns off the fancy extra processing that creates input lag in the first place (not just stadia but any gaming platform). However, turning it off does sync the audio and video up, its just EVERYTHING is then horribly delayed and the input lag is horrendous, because it achieves the sync by delaying the video feed.. Having said that I tried turning on game mode whilst streaming to netflix and the audio was still in sync. For me, it's still only Stadia that has this issue.. Interestingly enough, I just happened upon a youtube review of Stadia that actually shows this issue in action, and he doesn't even realise it!

https://youtu.be/5T4RaPp6-iE?t=198

No input lag but very obvious audio delay when he fires his weapon!

EDIT: Oh and just to update that I'm STILL waiting for something back from google following my support request.

So far I've tried, tweeting the official Stadia twitter account (twice), sending a DM to the Stadia twitter account. mentioning both Grace and Chris from google in this very thread, and now talking directly to google. None of these have resulted in any form of satisfactory reply. Many would have thrown the towel in and sent the whole lot back for a refund by now, its seems the loyal customers are just being ignored.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This sounds bogus. I have a Sony XG90 and had lag even when connected through my sound base. I also have my Xbox connected directly to the TV and in Game Mode and there's no audio lag there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Lack of games and lack of customer support are going to be what sinks Stadia, unless both improve really quickly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It is indeed pretty shocking that this thread which has more views and pages of replies than almost every other thread still doesn't have a single response from a Google employee saying they are at least looking into it. I've completely stopped playing because of the audio delay and just went back to playing Destiny 2 on PS4 (as a hardcore 2000 plus hour player of that game I just refuse to play it with a sub par audio experience even of the framerate is worse on consoles than Stadia....shame...)
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same. The delay in cut scenes means I've not gone back to RDR2 since launch day, and don't play anything else on Chromecast any more. I'm waiting and hoping that when Stadia supports inbuilt Chromecast on my TV that will avoid the issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Also tried connecting to a/v instead of tv now and it solved the problem. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Exact same issue for me to a T. Games are unplayable. C'mon, let's figure this out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I finally got a reply from Stadia on twitter about this on Wednesday last week, it's not telling us a lot other than it's been escalated and they are "on top of it". I couldn't even get a simple answer or acknowledgement to say if it's accepted to be a defect they need to fix... If I haven't heard back from them by Wednesday this week I'll be chasing them up again.

I'm absolutely lost for words at the lack of communication and support with this issue.......

Vohl_0-1576452512592.png

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Has anyone tried playing Borderlands 3? Does it have the same audio delay problem on Chromecast? I feel like it will be a problem across the board, but you never know.
0 Kudos