cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Chromecast Audio has issues perioid. Not just 5.1, but TV audio directly as well. I really hope they are aware. The fact that the agent specified to you 5.1 audio makes me worried.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Any progress/news?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Nope. Sadly with no acknowledgement from Google to this day I feel like they are sweeping this critical issue under the rug. 😞
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Shame. I've actually stopped playing Stadia because now I've noticed the issue I can't not notice it, and it bugs the hell out of me.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same in destiny. Works on pc with ethernet, but lag with CC on both wifi and ethernet. Contacted support who suggested I should contact bungie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I've just spoken to somebody from google support about this. I don't have much to update other than to say they've logged it and escalated it to the next support tier up. Apparently they are going to do some internal tests to try to replicate the problem and have taken my number so I can help troubleshoot a bit more. I've also told them about this forum post and the fact there are a lot of us with this problem and that we've had no response or support so far. Fingers crossed this might start to make some progress!

EDIT: I would strongly encourage any of you having this issue to report it as well... the more reports they get, the more likely they are to do something about it:

https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Vohlthx for sharing! And u are right contact google. Can someone put the link for google chat under my post. Thx! More people....more attention! Let's be a hard but fair community  towards google. And tell them like me and other people that they have to be more present in this official stadia forum! Thx. Peace and out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the exact same issue, somehow the audio is synced when playing with headset though.

Unfortunately I have tried to contact them on multiple platforms, but Stadia support isn't replying anywhere...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Update: After talking to the official Stadia support I was suggested to connect the Chromecast to the AV receiver instead of directly to the TV. And indeed: The sound delay has disappeared! The TV still runs in "Gaming Mode", so I don't have any input delay. Apparently my TV (Sony XG95) always produces a sound delay when running in "Gaming Mode" and passes it to the AV receiver. But since I have connected the Chromecast directly to the AV receiver, the sound is outputed immediately (independent of TV). I also had the same problem with my PS4. The sound was delayed when I connected it to the TV. I had first solved the problem with an extra toslink (optical) cable for the sound from the PS4 to the AV receiver. But now I connected the PS4 directly via HDMI to the AV receiver just like the Chromecast and the sound delay disappeared! Now there are no other HDMI devices connected to the TV directly (except the AV receiver via eARC). Unfortunately I still had to buy a new AV receiver, because my old (Sony STR-DH550) could not pass 4K HDR signals via HDMI from Chromecast or PS4 to the TV via eARC. I've now bought the Sony STR-DH790 (and good HDMI cables!), and everything is finally working as expected: * 4k * HDR * 5.1 sound * No input delay * No sound delay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thx for the update which does not explain why everything else is working wirhout audio delay on my sony tv. Even wirh the chromecast connected to the tv (for example youtube). No audio delay. Ps4 on TV via arc to my denon TV although no Audio delay. In my opinion googles answer is more then unsatisfying. And a lot of people tried it already and on there reciever and still got the audio delay oder huge input lag....
0 Kudos