cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

My friend uses Stadia on his computer most of time. No audio sync issues. I asked him to try with the CCU. He confirms the audio lag - he hadn't noticed it before.  I bet everyone has it....

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Yep for sure everyone has the lag on Chromecast. It's definitely not a TV issue or an issue with the Chromecast that ships with Stadia.

Happens in both of my TVs, and both of my Chromecast. One of them is an old Ultra and one is the one that shipped with stadia. 120mb connection. I've tried both wired and wireless on both TVs. Always get Good connection on WiFi and Excellent on ethernet. 

Game mode on both TVs. Doesn't matter what I do, the audio is always lagging in chromecast.

@GraceFromGoogle  any chance we can get confirmation that this is a known issue? 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issues here.

CC Ultra @ 5G WiFi with 200Mbit/s internet connection -> TV (Sony Bravia XG95 in gaming mode) -> Sony 5.1 AV receiver (STR-DH550).

Stadia says my connection is "excellent" with 4K HDR and 5.1 Sound.

No image flickering. No Input lag. 4k Resolution, 5.1 Sound. But crazy audio delay (at least 250-500ms) while playing destiny 2!

Some notes:

* The delay is still there if i disable HDR
* The delay is still there if i connect my CC via ethernet cable
* The delay is still there if i use the TV speakers (without 5.1 AV receiver)
* The delay is gone if i use a headset (via controller jack).
* The delay is gone if disable the "gaming mode" on my TV, but then i have a terrible input lag
* When i try some video/audio-sync testvideos on YouTube via my CC then everything is fine (in sync)

Any ideas?

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I don't think there's any more tests to be done. Combine all the tests everyone here made already and we have exhausted everything. We need Google's help now.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I’ve noticed others saying the delay isn’t there when using headphones plugged in to the Stadia controller. I tested this last night and the delay is still very much there for me. It’s a joke watching the cutscenes in MK11!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I can add a little something to the issue.

My TV is connected to both my Chromecast Ultra and my gaming PC.  If I play Stadia through Chrome on my gaming PC, then I get zero audio delay.  If I play Stadia through the Chromecast Ultra, then I get the same massive delay as everyone else.

This rules out any settings or configuration issues on the TV or receivers.  It is purely how the Chromecast Ultra processes audio and video.  Since it is in sync with zero latency on my PC than the Chromecast Ultra should be able to do the same.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Update:

I Just noticed if i enable the "A/V Sync" Feature on my TV und/or AV Receiver, then the audio delay is (almost) gone. But therefore i have a massive input lag.

So now i can choose between input lag or audio delay. Yay! 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It's almost as-is the CCU has intentional audio delay built-in, Google knowing most folks don't run their TV with game mode on.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Nothing to add except for "me too". Just want to add to the count.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I also experience the same audio delay with CCU and 5.1 sound system.

Plugging the earplugs into the remote solves the problem.

I got in touch with the Stadia customer service and the operator replied that the CCU has issues with 5.1 surround and escalated this to the higher tier.

0 Kudos