cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. CCU is connected to the TV directly, no sound bar, no receiver. Hope this gets fixed soon because it's really annoying.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm also experiencing audio lag when playing through the Chromecast Ultra. It's connected directly to the tv. Tried turning off all sound enhancing features when using the TVs game mode. (My first try was to use the default settings in game mode.) The audio lag is big enough to be noticed when shooting guns and when there are character dialogs. Can feel it in all games (Red Dead 2, Destiny 2 and Samurai Showdown). There is no audio lag when I play in Chrome on my 7 years old MacBook Pro.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue here on CCU, directly connected to TV sound goes via ARC to sound bar. CCU is connected via Ethernet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Can everyone test again. Thx google/bungie i think they fixed it!!! Without changing anything its perfect synced now. Yeees!! Now stadia is perfect :-)))

EDIT: But now it's only stereo. No 5.1 anymore. Maybe they just trying out stuff on the other end of the line....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Couldn't edit my last post. After pulling out the energy adapter from stadia und rebooting my TV the 5.1 works again and is still synced. Call me the happiest person tonight 🙂 i hope that the audio works now for everyone how it should. Google did something^^
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This is 100% not fixed. I'm still getting a pretty massive audio delay and it's quite infuriating. Chromecast is plugged directly into the TV. No sound system just the TV speakers. Game mode enabled. Ethernet plugged directly in the Chromecast with consistent "Excellent" connection speed. Video is perfect with no perceptible input lag, but man the audio behaving this delay is actually making me go insane. 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

No change for me either. Still out of sync.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ok thats weird. But why is it suddenly working for me. It never worked since launch. And all of a sudden it does work. I didn't change anything. I had the chromecast plugged in my gamining monitor für 5 mins to test the input lag (controls). Plugged it back into the tv and a few hours later i played destiny and the sound was working correct. Maybe a server thing. I do live in germany. A friend who tested utvlives although in germany and it worked. Our cities are round about 300km apart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I wish I had the answer. It's good that it's working for you now. But quite frustrating that Google has not even acknowledged the issue. What is clear is that this issue obviously doesn't affect every Stadia user otherwise it would be so widespread and rampant that every news site and review would be mentioning it. 

Hard to say whether this is a hardware issue, firmware issue or a software issue. But it's not something that affects us all and unfortunately that may be the reason google has yet to confirm the issue.

The only thing I know is its definitely not an issue with my TV or the chromecast on it's own. You Tube and Google Play Movies have perfect audio and video sync for me. It's only Stadia on the Chromecast that I have the audio issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Unfortunately it is still there for me. I don’t have the confidence to buy any more games at present. Until it’s fixed I won’t continue my Pro subscription after the trial. Fingers crossed it is fixed as the service is great otherwise. Come on google!
0 Kudos