cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I’ve been playing MK11 today and the sync comes and goes. Really off putting! It started in sync and then almost reset itself then the audio starts to slip again. Rinse and repeat.

The fact the audio can be behind or ahead at various rates while playing is baffling. 

MK11 Experience see an example here of a video I just recorded of gameplay.

Please sort google! 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Jerdaz Im using a pretty basic pair of YKG headphones so they aren't high end quality.. the audio out of the controller is on the quiet side but sounded to be around the same quality as when I use them on my PC or switch.. subjective though so difficult to say really.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Has anybody made any progress with this? I've tried sending a tweet to stadia and I've not had a reply. The only thing I have found so far is if I turn off game mode on my TV. I get really bad input lag, but the sound is then sync'd up with the visuals. I'm not sure what that's telling me but I hope somebody from google is reading this and may be able to shed some light on this issue? It's at a point where it's making Stadia unplayable on my chromecast at the moment.. @GraceFromGoogle can you help here?
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue. Tried Destiny 2 for the first time and immediately noticed the audio out of sync. As with everyone here: game performs great, no input lag. But audio is late. Very noticeable, even during dialog scenes. Chromecast ultra with ethernet, hooked to Denon AVRX-4500. TV in game mode. I have consoles and other streaming devices: no audio sync issues. It’s Stadia. Very annoying. Hoping they fix this quickly.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

My observations regarding the sound topic in Destiny2:

Chromecast Ultra on TV:

• HDR is washed out
  • 5.1 Surround Sound not enabled besides my TV has eARC (HDMI 2.1 already) and Receiver is supporting it, too
  • Sound is delayed for about 0.25 seconds

Chromecast Ultra on Receiver:

• HDR is washed out
  • 5.1 Sound working
  • Sound is delayed but only hardly noticable
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Anyone had any luck getting some help from Google on this?  I submitted a form through here on Sunday:

https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_social_support_inquiry

Haven't heard anything yet. Didn't even get an email acknowledgment. 

I tried connecting the Chromecast directly in the TV instead of the receiver. Same issue: audio is late. Everything else is great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm not expecting a fix anytime soon, that's why I just filled out the return form...

Those support people will probably first let your reboot/reset/restore factory your TV, receiver, chromecast, phone, router and phone.

Then they will say that your situation is not supported and you can only use the CC directly in the TV with no receiver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have CCU connected to tv with receiver working through the ARC. Tried connecting directly to the receiver which did improve the delay but it was still there. Also tried with the receiver at all and it’s still there. Casting YouTube videos is fine. I have also tried rebooting Stadia and have reset my CCU to factory settings. Nothing works. Kinda crazy that everyone doubted the video latency and yet that works fine and it’s the audio that’s rubbish. Btw it happens across both destiny and samurai shodown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

😁😂😪😣

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Youtube will sync the audio with the video, if you did this on a video game you'd see latency on input. I'm having the same issues with chromecast only, my laptop is fine, just the chromecast seems to have the audio latency.

0 Kudos