cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Had the same problem too. I closed the game by holding the stadia button. After that ci closed stadia the same way and started destiny again. After that the sync was much better. Not perfect. But close too. With my notebook its perfect. So maybe hdmi communication problem with chromecast+ stream. Dont know. Before that i tried different ways. Chromecast in tv acr to reciever. Other way around.....i can change audio delay on my denon reciever but only +0-200 i need -200 😞 because sound is too late)

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue here, using ARC from tv to receiver. Can cast without any issue, it's just stadia.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue audio is delayed when running audio through receiver in arc or connected to directly to receiver The best configuration for me was chromecast into receiver and Denon receiver in "pure direct mode" got the audio very close but still off just a little don't forget to put TV in game mode
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue here. Also only getting PCM stereo and not 5.1 in stadia. Plex and Netflix will do 5.1.

CC Ultra>Sony Bravia HDMI1>HDMI4(arc)>Yamaha receiver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

For 5.0 audio surround, you need to put the CC into the yamaha:

CC -> Yamaha -> TV

I haven't seen 5.1 working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue, only TV and Chromecast ultra involved. streaming other things like youtube, google play movies NetFlix are all in sync.

given that other apps on the same chromecast don't have the issue I wouldn't think it matters, but the tv is in game mode, i have all audio "features" turned to off.  tv is a 6 + year old 1080p Sharp TV.  I even plugged it into another TV and still got the same issue.

both cases the chromecast ultra was connected by ethernet.     

Chromecast---->Netgear Switch---->google Wifi (1st gen)

I will try it with Wifi just to see later today.

I can stream to my pixel 2 Phone and my Chromebook over wifi and the audio lag is not noticeable (side by side with an Xbox plugged in to one of the above-mentioned TVs and it was about the same. Destiny 2 on both screens, shooting hand cannons to test).

Google support case 2-6835000028477 in case google reads this

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Also having this issue.

I have a Sony 4K TV with a Sony soundbar. The soundbar is connected to the TV via the ARC/eARC specific HDMI socket.

I've tried connecting the chomecast Ultra to both the TV directly, and into the soundbar. Both have really bad audio lag.

If I stream anything to the chromecast (youtube, netflix etc) the audio sync is fine, it's just stadia

However, if I plug my headphones into the stadia controller the audio is perfect.

I'm definitely going down the track of thinking there is something wrong with the sync between the Chromecast Ultra and Stadia and isn't something us consumers can fix!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

... "However, if I plug my headphones into the stadia controller the audio is perfect." EXCELLENT temporary solution! Thank you! 😄
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

How is the quality / volume when using the headphone jack?

Cause I have €350 headphones driven by AVR + headphone amp for virtual surround and proper bass and amping. I can't imagine the stadia controller doing that adequately.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue here with CC wired to router. Sonos connected via optical. Delay is always present and can be significant at times. LGTV 4K with Sonos 5.1. No issues with YouTube or Netflix. Hopefully this can be fixed with a firmware update. I also find when I first start playing the screen turns black intermittently as if the stream is switching from hdr to sdr. Stops after 10 mins - it’s like Stadia needs to warm up. Not having the best experience so far although I must say the stream itself doesn’t lag and neither do the controls. Please help Google as I am only putting up with this in the hope we get a quick fix!

1 Kudo