cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio/Video sync way off

I have major audio/video sync issues with Stadia... but on the same chromecast ultra my other apps have no audio sync issues. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (1)
9 Kudos
106 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes, I came here to post exactly this. When I press shoot in Destiny 2 the controller rumbles and the action happens on screen but the audio is significantly delayed. If I had to guess I would say it's off by 500ms or so.... Like you, there's no audio delay when casting from YouTube or Netflix.
5 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

What's your setup? I have my Chromecast attached to an Onkyo A/V receiver (the same way I have my other consoles connected). You?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I also have this problem. Chromecast ultra is in the TV-hdmi1 Yamaha receiver connected to the tv with HDMI2 with ARC. Not really impressed with the audio either. PS4 seems to sound better. Stadia probably is compressed..
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

so, your chromecast is connected directly to the TV and the audio is sent back ARC and it's delayed? My setup is opposite. My chromecast is connected to my Onkyo receiver via HDMI port 6... the receiver sends the video to the TV via a different HDMI, and the HDMU audio hits the receiver directly from the chromecast... and the audio is STILL delayed a bunch. so strange.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I've tried all these setups:

Chromecast in receiver -> Black screen with HDCP 2.2 error

Chromecast in TV with ARC -> Audio is delayed, 2.0 PCM audio (no 5.1?)

Chromecast in TV with optical -> Audio is delayed, 2.0 PCM audio (no 5.1?)

Chromecast in TV, no receiver -> Audio not delayed, but over tv speakers

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

The Chromecast is connected directly to one of the TVs HDCP 2.2 ports for 4K HDR and then to the receiver via ARC. 

I can cast Netflix and YouTube without audio delay, it seems to be specific to Stadia but there’s no option to adjust audio delay anywhere in Stadia. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

After fixing my hdcp2.2 issues (cycle power on tv/receiver) I managed to hook up the chromecast to the receiver instead of ARC. This results in PCM 5.1 audio. Haven't tested much, but the audio delay seems to have been fixed by not using ARC.

update: No, not fixed. With CC hooked up to receiver, I do get surround sound, but there is audio lag. No good lipsync in cutscene dialog or shooting. Watching netflix in the same setup on the same chromecast has perfect lipsync.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

For me, I've never used ARC in my setup with Stadia since I'm connected straight to the receiver with my chromecast. Seems like your setup is now like my setup... only, I still have audio lag. 😞 Glad you've made it work well for you! Something I haven't mentioned... when I play Stadia over wifi on my laptop it's flawless. Hard to tell any input lag at all, and no audio/video sync issues. 🙂 Not sure why my Chromecast setup is giving me issues... especially considering that other video over chromecast has no audio sync issues.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Have you tested casting YouTube or Netflix to the Chromecast? For me, the audio is synced with both of them. It’s only Stadia that seems to have audio delay. 

Unfortunately, without the ability to adjust it in Stadia itself, correcting one will break the others 😔

1 Kudo