Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Member

Add account to chromecast

Jump to solution

Please someone help,

I'm trying to set up stadia on my tv.

I followed all the instructions in Google Home, Stadia and CCU.

All devices are connected and were set up on the same Wi-Fi network.

The issue I now have:

After connecting the controller to the CCU using the access code it immediately displayed a screen directing:

'Use Your phone to add an account'

In the Stadia mobile app, tap your avatars and choose Add Account to Chromecast.

I follow the instructions and am taken to a screen stating:

'Choose where to add your Stadia account.'

Don't see your Chromecast below? (I don't see one)

Open Stadia on your TV and select 'add an account'

I've tried resetting, reinstalling and rereading several times, and am now stuck in this logic loop...

So please help, if not for me for the love of my cats ๐Ÿฑ.

All help greatly appreciated, Nathan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I remember I was struggling as well at the beginning to get everything up and running, but the first controller setup that time I did with the Stadia App 

But usually it should also work fine when doing it via the TV directly. I would recommend to try again to load a game on Stadia (if you can) and then add the controller directly there (by pressing the menu button on the controller > Controllers > Add controller). If this doesn't work, maybe these helpcenter articles might give you some more hints/tips you can try:

Another idea would be to also check if your Stadia app has the latest updates installed.

This article might also be helpful if you still encounter issues to link your controller.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I remember I was struggling as well at the beginning to get everything up and running, but the first controller setup that time I did with the Stadia App 

But usually it should also work fine when doing it via the TV directly. I would recommend to try again to load a game on Stadia (if you can) and then add the controller directly there (by pressing the menu button on the controller > Controllers > Add controller). If this doesn't work, maybe these helpcenter articles might give you some more hints/tips you can try:

Another idea would be to also check if your Stadia app has the latest updates installed.

This article might also be helpful if you still encounter issues to link your controller.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos