cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

4k and HDR not supported

Is any other stadia pro subscribers having issues with 4K resolution and HDR not being available. I own a LG 55in 4k UHD tv model 55UJ6300 that supports 4k resolution and HDR. Up until recently I had my account set to play in 4k, but now it dropped down 1080p and says my TV doesn't support 4k or HDR. I am really confused as to why, this is happening. 

2 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

Since yesterday all my friends, including myself, are not getting 4k on Chromecast and is really noticeable the drop in resolution! Only shows "HDR 5.1" and haven't tried with HDR off! Don't know if is the same issue as you... 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yeah for some reason it's not giving me to option to used 4k or HDR and saying the my TV doesn't support it. When I was already using 4k just the other day. HDR I haven't gotten the chance to used since it's a new feature Google added. But I know that both are supported by my TV. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

yes i have the same isue in the stadia app is  says it works only whit  stadia pro and i have stadia pro. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Same here with a brand new 60" 4k TV.

Options say device doesn't support 4k or HDR. Really?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Same here, I did get a restricted due to network load but I have no idea why they disabled the HDR.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Could likely be throttling because Covid has taken a toll on internet bandwith everywhere.  

Here is a copy and paste:

"To reduce load on the internet, we plan to roll out a temporary feature that changes your default data usage setting from Up to 4K to Up to 1080p. Stadia Pro subscribers can change this setting back to Up to 4K at any time."

I would check the settings in your account and see if the max resolution has been changed.  You should be able to pull up your account on the web and just change it back to 4K

0 Kudos