cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

stadia chrome black screen

Hello I've just got my stadia code today and wanted to try it on pc. But every time i try to play with it on pc the screen keeps turning black. I have searched for a answer and couldnt find any (i have read the other black screen bugs/reports). If anyone could help then i would appreciate it!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

@Thijmen : Try launching Chrome by setting it up as Windows 7 compatibility mode and see if that resolves your issue.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I've encountered the black screen, i reckon lots of things can cause it... corruption of data somewhere, memory leak as well.

I would try disabling any extensions to start, if that fails, A fix for me was reinstalling Chrome browser, which fixed the problem on one of my systems for a few months, but it eventually did come back. That system has shown some motherboard concerns... to be fair... 

if those failed, i'd start poking my nose in windows file verification, memory checks, etc

Regards, Dr. Centz
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo @CackleTV  thank you for your quick responses but neither of these things have worked. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Thijmen 

1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.

2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.

3. Reduce refresh rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers).

4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".

5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

6.  Black screen on Chrome, try: Chrome flags and set Hardware accelerated video decode to Disabled.

These are some of the suggestions that I've seen that have addressed the issue for some users.  Can't hurt to give them a try and see if it resolves any of your issues.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Hey guys after trying everyting and nothing worked i just gave up.
But it just randomly worked i did nothing different i just started chrome one day and it sudendly worked im confused why this hapend but im happy that i can fanily play on chrome.

Thank you to all the people who replied!

1 Kudo
Community Member

i have 8.1

latest chrome worked perfect for days

tried reset flags, 7 compatibility and nothing i had no extensions i use google only for stadia i tried everything and eventually uninstalled chome, Yet it still happened I ran scans nothing, but one supicious file chrome proxy.exe was hijacked I had previsoulsy been using different dns's and it routed me somewhere that infected that file. i  manually deleted all google anything in program files and in app data reinstalled chrome still black. Then i thought ah that file messed up the registry.

I used my favorite registry cleaner and found 534 errors it fixed all but 1 and, i tried chrome and it shows picture now. simple 30min at most fix.

0 Kudos