cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

re-authentication pop-up in mid game

hi stadia team,

i´m waiting for my hardware to be delivered so i am playing in chrome. i have noticed that occassionally a re-authentication is requested and then your game is put on hold without a warning while the auth step is being done in a pop-up window. 

is there a way to avoid such behaviour or will this be fixed in future?

thanks!

2 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm looking for a solution to this too. I think it's because I'm logged into Chrome with my main (work) Google account and then logged into Stadia on my second account. I'd rather not switch accounts in Chrome.

It works ok for things like YouTube but Stadia wants to authenticate about every 30 mins. Even though the pop-up comes and goes quickly, it takes focus out of the game then asks if I want to resume or exit. It's only a few seconds but the game carries on so it can ruin the game.

Loving Stadia so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I would suggest opening an incognito window and then sign in to the Google account that is linked to your Stadia account there and see if the issue still occurs. You can do this on Windows with Ctrl+Shift+N. This will force your Chrome browser to ignore all accounts and cookies and saved sessions that may be interfering. This is how I play in Chrome and I have never seen an issue with being asked to authenticate.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I tried in Incognito but it didn't really help, pop-up still shows and takes focus. I'm using the latest version of Chrome in Windows 10.

Surely Google can make this a background event without the need of a window flashing up that takes focus away from the game?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I too face this issue when playing on chrome. Both at work and on my home laptop. I dont think the issue is to do with work account. Incognito does nothing. I've also tested removing my accounts from work/home and uninstalling/reinstalling chrome. So far I've only played meteor exodus which is single player and pauses the game, however I can see this causing problems in live games like destiny, or mortal combat. @stadia
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

im facing the same problem, its annoying. chrome on windows10 please fix asap
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm tempted to get GRID but I know that these pop-ups mid-game while going round a corner at 150kph will be a disaster!

The pop-ups also show when opening games even if I've logged in 5 seconds before.... Log in -> Start game -> Pop-up -> click RESUME button. Pointless. Please make this a background process asap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Can confirm it's still happening to me. At home and at work on my laptop. Latest windows 10. And on my surface book and gaming pc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I had something similar happen to me, but with the YouTube suite of products (Music/TV/video) a few months ago. As I recall, clearing browser cache and cookies resolved the issue. Not sure if it will also for Stadia, but it's worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

These pop-ups are still annoying. Will anything get done to fix it? Surely there's a better way to script this so it's a background process. 

Is there anywhere to report this as I guess they don't pay much attention to these messages.

0 Kudos