cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Your mouse is not currently captured by the game.

Hello,

As of today (after about 50 days of playing) I'm getting the message "Your mouse is not currently captured by the game. Please click anywhere on the screen to lock your mouse cursor". Clicking on the screen does nothing. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue since today?

To reproduce:

1. Open a game.

2. Minimize the game.

3. Maximize the game (unable to lock cursor).

5 Kudos
11 Replies
Community Member

I have the same issue and once it appears not even re-opening the game or any other game fixes it. Once it pops up it will pop up in any game. Only thing that helps is fully closing the tab and re-opening it. Not even reloading helps.

0 Kudos
Community Member

also ran into this issue today trying to play PUBG. After having connectivity issues trying to check ou SUPERHOT and Little Nightmares. Are your servers getting overloaded or something due to the new games being released? 

0 Kudos
Community Member

super bummed, was looking forward to checking out the new games at lunch today.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue 😞 no troubleshooting steps work at the moment but a wild issue that is appearing sometimes.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hey,

This issue appears to be related to the Chrome browser version 83.0.4103.61. I'm not sure if it has been addressed on 83.0.4103.97, maybe it has.

Downgrading to 81.0.4044.138 worked for me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share links to third party downloads (Google doesn't provide an option to downgrade). Using Google search should do the trick for you. Just make sure to rename the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update" folder after downgrading, otherwise the latest update will be forced on you soon after.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Are you starting games with the controller? When I do that, this happens. If I tap on the touchscreen or use the mouse to click on the play button, it doesn't have this problem.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I am having the same problem!

0 Kudos
Community Member

The same thing happens to me too! This is really annoying! Stadia, FIX IT already!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Happens for me too.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Happened for my girlfriend in OMD3, too. She also opened new tabs and stuff while playing, very strange.

All of this after the latest big chrome Update. Did anyone try beta versions?

_
Sometimes streaming Stadia on twitch.tv/deathdragonaw
0 Kudos
Community Member

I am having same trouble,only started in the evening.I swapped over  to edge(chromium) and it works fine

0 Kudos