cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Xbox one controller

Jump to solution

Has anyone managed to connect up an Xbox One controller to a pc PC to run stadia?

I managed to use Stadia on my Mac, but only with the Stadia controller. My Xbox controller wasn't responding.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TheDoaf83 I've used a wired Xbox 360 controller with my Chromebook and it works beautifully. I imagine the Xbox One controller should work just as well.

The support page actually suggests that the Xbox One controller should work wirelessly:

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9578631

Maybe try with a USB connection to see if that makes any difference?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TheDoaf83 I've used a wired Xbox 360 controller with my Chromebook and it works beautifully. I imagine the Xbox One controller should work just as well.

The support page actually suggests that the Xbox One controller should work wirelessly:

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9578631

Maybe try with a USB connection to see if that makes any difference?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Controllers need to be plugged into your PC for now, even the Stadia controller. Any HID-compliant controller should work via USB.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Valynor Actually I was able to use the Xbox One controller through wireless on Windows PC. You can check which controller works with what from the link @codesplice mentioned above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

Yes, even better. 🙂 

Wiring is still preferable though -> less input lag. 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks everyone. I haven't yet tried to connect wirelessly. I changed the cable I was using and it worked. Thanks for the help everyone. 

2 Kudos
Community Member
I used an Xbox One S controller on my MacBook with Bluetooth. Works perfectly. Nacon Revolution Unlimited controller didn't work unfortunately.
1 Kudo