cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Would like to know who also can not play on chrome

So I have tried various laptops to play stadia via Chrome (Canary, normal chrome, Chromium) and on not one of them I can play with the lowest settings with a stable game play and no lags. Destiny 2 is unplayable with a 2 second response rate from controller use.

I Have 350mb download and 100mb upload in Chromecast Ultra its 4k and not one issue. on Samsung s10 no issues either on any game. now i mainly wanted stadia for its ease of play and just load up chrome !!! but it seems that all the options and suggestions are not working at all and it is very frustrating especially in this lock down in the UK.

Has anyone figured out any other ways to try and improve, i have reset flags, forced v9 coding with Stadia+ installed, completely restored laptops to just have chrome on and no other program , disabled firewall etc.

I really hope that Google fixes this because it was the main reason i purchased so i can go from screen to screen and as of yet its a no go

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

The constant on all those laptops is that Chrome is synced to your account on each, right?

It runs like hot garbage for me on my Samsung Chromebook Plus UNLESS I run in incognito mode. It's inconvenient to require fresh log-in every time I want to play, however. Runs beautifully on the Chromecast Ultra, Windows PC, and Samsung Android phone in the same house. Doesn't matter if I'm connected via physical cable or on wifi. Incognito mode. I didn't see it in your list above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Try forcing h264 instead of VP9.

VP9 isn't supported on older hardware, and the PC tries to decide the video stream using the CPU (wich isn't powerful enough)

0 Kudos