cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Windowed Mode in Chrome

Is it possible to run Stadia in Windowed mode?

I noticed that if you use your chrome browser to go to Stadia.google.com there is an "Install Stadia" under the menu options which appears to just create another instance of Chrome which is really nice. That way I can have my browser stay on one monitor but Stadia will open on my main one. But i cant seem to make it run windowed. Its not a huge deal but I was hoping I'd be able to

1 Kudo
9 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@WoodroweBones I don't believe there's an option to run Stadia games in windowed mode as of now. You can send feedback from the Stadia app to let Google knows about this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Does nothing when I click on it so...what's the point of that app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@WoodroweBones @Herfen 

My approach has been as described in the following post. Still works just fine for me. 

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-General/How-to-shrink-Stadia-window-on-chrome/m-p/13577#M6463 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Herfen : odd its not working for you. Anything special about your chrome setup?  When I click to play a game I get a popup menu asking fullscreen/windowed etc. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I use a Lenovo Chromebook C340-15. Now it works. It took 15 Minutes and then suddenly it works without me doing anything. I still can't choose the mode( windowed, floating ..aso. That menue came up once, but since than it's vanished. ) Don't know what could cause that.Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 19.54.12.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Herfen : Not sure I really understand this, my install on my home PC Win10 has worked just fine from the outset, I don't recall ever having had an issue with the popup (Windowed,In-Window,Fullscreen).  I always keep Chrome up to date, but I've never yet had to be that cautious with the extensions loaded, I have a few of them (Roboform, Norton Safe Search, Norton Home Page, Norton Identity Safe, Norton Safe Web, Norton Password Manager....lots of Norton extensions LOL, Tampermonkey, Windowed, Ping-Pong Classic). 

I only get the menu appear when I kick-off a new game from the home screen... then I get the popup appear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yeah mybe it's with chrome OS. It's Up to date (Chromebooks are always) But I think the Developer hadn't Chrome OS in mind. When I got Time, I gonna take a look in the Extension Container. Or I gonna do some GoogleFu 😉 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It works! Was about to give up on this extension and the dream of windowed mode until i read "popup" in above comments. Hmm.. a popup to select mode, perhaps ad-block would not approve.. 

For me it was indeed ad-block messing with the extension. Whitelisted stadia site and now it works perfectly! 😀

Thanks!

0 Kudos