cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Will I be able to use Addons for The Elder Scrolls Online on Stadia?

I am playing Elder Scrolls Online on my old PC with low graphics, and I am thinking about to switch to stadia with ESO release on june 16. will I be able to use my addons on stadia, too?

greetinx

1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

If the addons are ingame, maybe. If the addons requires an external software I doubt you will be able to use them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Good question @Floppy_belDunsi, I would guess that we won't be able to use Addons for ESO on Stadia. The reason is pretty simple, on PC we are installing the game on the PC in a specific folder and when we download addons, those will be (either manually or via Minion) unpacked in the Addon-Folder of the game.

With Stadia we don't have those folders available as Stadia games are running on Google's servers. The big plus is that we don't have any download or waiting times, but this probably means that we won't be able to customize the experience with addons.

This is of course my assumption for the moment, as for example consoles don't have addons too, so I guess Stadia will not be different.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I play the stadia and if you play behind your computer the add-on wil work if you play away from your pc the addons dont work than its like consul paying 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So, using addons will determine whether or not I use stadia. 

You are saying that ‘minion’ the addons software still works when playing eso on stadia with chrome ? 

If not then I won’t be using stadia as eso is pretty unplayable without addons. To me anyway.

0 Kudos