cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Will I be able to use Addons for The Elder Scrolls Online on Stadia?

I am playing Elder Scrolls Online on my old PC with low graphics, and I am thinking about to switch to stadia with ESO release on june 16. will I be able to use my addons on stadia, too?

greetinx

1 Kudo
8 Replies
Community Member

If the addons are ingame, maybe. If the addons requires an external software I doubt you will be able to use them.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Good question @Floppy_belDunsi, I would guess that we won't be able to use Addons for ESO on Stadia. The reason is pretty simple, on PC we are installing the game on the PC in a specific folder and when we download addons, those will be (either manually or via Minion) unpacked in the Addon-Folder of the game.

With Stadia we don't have those folders available as Stadia games are running on Google's servers. The big plus is that we don't have any download or waiting times, but this probably means that we won't be able to customize the experience with addons.

This is of course my assumption for the moment, as for example consoles don't have addons too, so I guess Stadia will not be different.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I play the stadia and if you play behind your computer the add-on wil work if you play away from your pc the addons dont work than its like consul paying 

0 Kudos
Community Member

So, using addons will determine whether or not I use stadia. 

You are saying that ‘minion’ the addons software still works when playing eso on stadia with chrome ? 

If not then I won’t be using stadia as eso is pretty unplayable without addons. To me anyway.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@King1 Did you test it or do you just assume that addons are working for the Chrome Browser for Stadia?

As far as I can see there is no option to use addons when playing ESO on Stadia on PC. It would even make sense, because you don't have the game files on your PC when using Stadia, so how should you be able to modify them by using Addons? In this forum thread it seems like another person figured out as well that addons are not available for Stadia.

So @Mistforged if that's a reason for you to not use Stadia then I guess that's it. 😉 unless you find other games there for which you find it worth to have. Personally with ESO I still like the ability to even login without downloading anything, for example to claim the daily rewards or sit on my couch and play it a bit, but I can see your point especially with some addons that are necessary to do raids with for example.

1 Kudo
Community Member

That’s a shame. Don’t have time to play games as I work in a hospital. Eso is the only one I fit in. 

Its a shame. Maybe if someone develops a way to have add ons with stadia I’ll get it. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

You'd have to petition Bethesda to add some form of add-on support on their end.

Any add-on would have to be included into your profile and added in realtime into the game every time you start a cloud instance of eso.

or alternatively try to get Bethesda to include similar functionality into the base game as a few of the most popular add-ons. Perhaps with a settings menu in-game to turn them on/off.

1 Kudo
Community Member

ESO is playable without addons, but it is much more challenging.  Finding resources is more challenging because you are unable to use Harvest Map.  Finding things like Treasure Maps or Survey Maps requires going online, looking up the map, and then wandering around the general area a bit to find them, but it can be done.  No Lazy Writ Crafter, so crafting becomes more time consuming.  But let's say my computer blows up, and I don't have money to replace it with a $1,000 replacement (that's being conservative now-a-days), Stadia is the solution.  According to Stadia I can play it with a $300 Chromebook.  That's an ideal solution.  Of course you lose access to your Steam library and other places you have purchased games, so some would say it isn't ideal, but at least you have an option.  When travelling, carrying a Chromebook around is much much easier than a larger laptop as well.  I have a laptop, but it was outrageously expensive.  Replacing it at this point would be difficult financially.  Stadia is an option.  While it may be a little less convenient, and require more work, look at it like it's a challenge and see if you are up to it.  If you can beat the challenge, it's worth it.

0 Kudos