cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Why do you want Stadia to fail?

If Google insists in an forced combination of Stadia pro and the Controller/ chromecast, it is going to fail hard. I was realy eager to give stadia pro a try, on my older desktop setting. So I was very disappointed to see, the missed opportunities. I am like probably most players not willing to pay 130€ in advance, for stuff I don't need. Good luck with that... ...and thanks for all the other broken promises
1 Kudo
14 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Sebastianpost What do you mean by forced? When the base version of Stadia is launched next year, you don't need to have Stadia Pro and/or Controller and Chromecast in order to play. So if you don't want to pay for the Founder/Premiere edition right now, you can wait until next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
6 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks, that actually explains why most features don't work yet. Hahaha.

I thought founders edition was base + extra.

It is actually extra minus base. 

XD

0 Kudos
Community Member

But it works on PC without the controller or Chromecast. I just played like that.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Yes it works, But only if purchase the extras for 130€. My guess is, that millions fought they can sign up for pro to try it. And like me, they are probably not going to get the extras. Ergo Google will fail like that.
0 Kudos
Community Member

They were very clear that this wouldn't be the case yet at the moment. I played yesterday and it was great. Be patient and you will be able to play without the €130.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Of course it is forced, because there is no alternative.

My guess would be, that half of people that purchased it, only play it on PC. 

But, if that is your Idea of an well paid beta run, than cheers to you.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Weird question to ask someone who put that much interest into making a great service. It kind of looks a bit as a paid beta but I think the service right now was released with an optimization for chromecast ultra + controler . I tried it on pc and with the same wifi as the one used on chromecast and it runs poorly . I am sure it's mostly because of the slow wifi adaptor speed or my computer using some of the bandwidth for other conections. So maybe the chromecast ultra + controler is the guarranteed product right now and the rest are just ad-ons .
1 Kudo
Community Member

I don`t think it is a weired question. I think it should be allowed the critisis the rollout. And the lag of options. I don´t want them to fail, i want them to listen.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I think they accept critique or let's call it feedback (having this board kind of confirms it) and by pushing the controler pack they try to filter feedback so that it comes less from inadequate hardware and more from things they can actually fix .Still... All critique is good because I guess it comes to improve things when base will come out and like you I hope they succeed.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Oh..  and you know Google always listens 😛

0 Kudos
Community Member

Right about that

@Gafiltha
0 Kudos
Community Member

Apart from the problem that stadia says my Internet connection isn’t stable enough, I played today on my chrome browser with my cheap Amazon joypad. So no need to spend the $130.

But I bought the founder edition of stadia anyway 😜 Can’t wait for it to arrive. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Dude get of the forums. This is a place for people who actually bought it and are now enjoying it you nay sayer. It's totally worth it. Yes it's a paid open beta but just like any beta it gets better and better all the time. The real product launch is next year in case people don't realize it  It works fantastic now for me, no problems. I'm not going to cry that the assistant button doesn't work. It is the future and it's pretty amazing RIGHT NOW! 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm playing on my pc on chrome n a xb1 controller. It works fine o.o

0 Kudos